Menu

Poked Holes Cake Suggestions/Recipes?

What can you suggest to top a Poked Holes Cake that will be:

a White Cake with Sweetened Condensed milk and Cream of Coconut poured into it, other than the flaked coconut? Anything else?

If not, if only flaked coconut works ... do you have any recipes or ideas for other Poked Holes Cakes? I like quick and easy - using boxed cake mixes ;).

Thank you. :)

ROBERT REDFORD CAKE

Printed from COOKS.COM

1 German choc. cake mix, bake as directed

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping

1 sm. Cool Whip

3 Heath bars, crushed

Bake cake as directed. Remove from oven and poke lots of holes with a straw in cake immediately. Pour sweetened condensed milk in holes (about 3/4 of can). Then pour about 3/4 jar of caramel fudge topping in holes. Refrigerate until set. Top with Cool Whip and the crushed Heath Bars.

The only poked holes cake I ever had was yellow cake with strawberry jello poured over and then topped with cool whip. The jello was made with less water, but I don't have a recipe, so I don't know how much less.

Sorry, no help after all. :tongue_smilie:

These are all wonderful. Thank you so much :grouphug:. I've copied and pasted. This is for an event tomorrow. I won't be having any myself (hcg diet), but the dc decided that for this time, we'll go with Kell's recipe. I do plan on trying them all, however. :D

I make this... I don't know if it is what you consider a poked hole cake but you do poke holes in it!

LEMON JELLO CAKE

1 pkg. lemon cake mix

1 pkg. lemon Jello

3/4 c. cold water

4 eggs

3/4 c. vegetable oil

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Juice of 2 lemons

Mix cake mix, Jello and cold water. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs, then oil and beat 5 minutes. Pour into greased 9x13x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. While cake is still hot, prick cake with fork all over, pour glaze over cake.

I make this a lot in the summer, it is a good light cake! Well until you add the whipped topping :)

This is what I make:

Bake chocolate cake mix in 9x13 pan.

While in oven make cook n serve chocolate pudding. As soon as cake comes out of oven, frost with chocolate frosting then pour hot pudding over it. The whole thing will sink down and become rather dense and fudgy and rich and perfect and aren't you on HCG?

:D

It makes ya go like this---> :001_huh: because it's so dang good!

and aren't you on HCG?

:D

Yep. But I won't be eating any. I have to cook for a crowd tomorrow.

These recipes are all so good. Thank you everyone. Taking notes. I LOVE Tres Leches cakes ... I won't even think about it while I'm on hcg, never mind look up the recipe. :lol:

What can you suggest to top a Poked Holes Cake that will be:

a White Cake with Sweetened Condensed milk and Cream of Coconut poured into it, other than the flaked coconut? Anything else?

If not, if only flaked coconut works ... do you have any recipes or ideas for other Poked Holes Cakes? I like quick and easy - using boxed cake mixes ;).

Thank you. :)

I remember my mother making cakes like your described with Jello and Jello Pudding.

Here is their website http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/recipes which includes poked hole cake recipes.

Have fun baking!

Edited by kalphs

We do a vanilla cake, poke holes and pour dark chocolate (melted) mixed with sweetened condensed milk.

As I'm baking this while I type ... I'm sure it'll be too late by the time you see this. Nonetheless, if you can reply, thank you.

I need measurements - how much dark chocolate and how much condensed milk?

Thanks again. :)

As I'm baking this while I type ... I'm sure it'll be too late by the time you see this. Nonetheless, if you can reply, thank you.

I need measurements - how much dark chocolate and how much condensed milk?

Thanks again. :)

Sorry, I can't believe I didn't put measurements. 4 oz dark chocolate, 1 can sweetened condensed milk.

We do a vanilla cake, poke holes and pour dark chocolate (melted) mixed with sweetened condensed milk, and top with two cups of heavy cream, whipped with a teaspoon of vanilla and two tablespoons of powdered sugar. I think the cream would be good on top of your cake, also.

This one turned out wonderful. Everyone loved it. Thank you.

Have copied and pasted, and even started a separate word document for just poked holes cakes. :D

Here are the two that I have made the most often:

LEMONADE CAKE

Bake a lemon cake as per box directions in 9X13 pan.

While it is baking, thaw a 6 oz can of frozen lemonade concentrate (If you can't find a 6 oz, use part of a large can)

Mix thawed lemonade concentrate with 1 cup powdered sugar.

Poke holes in top of cake while warm with a wooden spoon. Pour lemonade concentrate/powdered sugar mix over warm cake and let it cool completely (I chilled mine in the fridge)

Frost with cool whip and garnish with slices of fresh lemon. This is best when kept chilled. Very refreshing! Pretty tart but very tasty!

COCONUT POKE CAKE

SERVES 24

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix

1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut (You can use Coconut Milk if you don’t want the cake to be too sweet)

Half a 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk (7 ounces total) [OR Omit Altogether if You Don’t Want Cake to be too sweet!]

1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed OR you can make your own whipped cream

1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut (toast it slightly)

1. Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a wooden spoon OR large pronged fork/utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake. The more holes, the better!

2. Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely. BEST TO LET CAKE SIT OVERNIGHT BEFORE FROSTING!!!

3. Mix coconut into whipped topping and top the cake.

Some more I saw:

Better-Than-Almost-Anything Cake

Chocolate Thunder Cake

Key Lime Pie Poke Cake - I particularly love tart and fruity desserts :D

Tres Leches Cake ... mmm :)

Image-TresLechesCake.jpg

Off to copy and paste all the other wonderful ideas and recipes you've given. Thank you, all. :grouphug: