Menu

? for those who have had gallbladder removal

i have no health insurance, but my gallbladder didn't get the memo. it would like to come out, and soon. the emergency room told me that they would only do the surgery if i was infected or ruptured, but given the pain i'm in i don't know if i'd like to wait that long.

so my question is: how much did your gallbladder surgery cost?

TIA!

Mine ended up being something like $10,000 but I was in the hospital for 5 days because it was gangrenous. It gets more expensive the worse it gets. See if there is charity care at your hospital. We have done that a few times and it was a life saver when we didn't have insurance.

Have you tried changing your diet and other methods to see if they work first? I would do that before surgery. When my dr thought I needed my gall bladder removed I first asked for a bunch of tests and turns out it wasn't my gall bladder but was a different gastritus.

Mine was $16,000, or that's what the copies of the bills the military paid said. I was in for 4 days, because after they removed it, I had to also have a scope procedure because 2 large gall stones had gotten out and could have blocked my liver duct which would have been really bad.

i have no health insurance, but my gallbladder didn't get the memo. it would like to come out, and soon. the emergency room told me that they would only do the surgery if i was infected or ruptured, but given the pain i'm in i don't know if i'd like to wait that long.

so my question is: how much did your gallbladder surgery cost?

TIA!

It was several years ago and thankfully I was insured at the time, so I do not recall the cost.

I just want to say that I am so sorry you are in such pain and I hope you get some relief soon. Hopefully something will work out where you can get treatment.

:grouphug:

I was out-patient and had no issues but I was in an incredible amount of pain when I went in. No diet change could have helped at that point. The surgeon said my gall bladder was in very bad shape. I think mine was around 8,000 but not 100% sure. That was around 5 years ago.

Have you tried changing your diet and other methods to see if they work first? I would do that before surgery. When my dr thought I needed my gall bladder removed I first asked for a bunch of tests and turns out it wasn't my gall bladder but was a different gastritus.

i am very reluctant to part with any of my organs! i've done liver cleanses, dietary changes, gallbladder purges...ugh.