Menu

Help me not panic--

I'm a worry-wart at heart, & it's silly, since worrying doesn't do anything.

Dh went to get milk & eggs 2 hrs ago. He's been home from work (driving) for days now, because of the ice & snow. When he left, it was light out. Now it's dark, & temps are dropping.

He left his cell phone here.

The groc store is about 10 min away.

Likely he's being very careful. I just went out after being home since Monday and was shocked at how poor the roads are in DFW. I thought it would be a short trip - I was gone an hour and a half. The only pavement showing through the ice on the roads is in single grooves that have been worn down by the cars.

He's being careful and likely got distracted in the store - oooh.... Nachos!!

:grouphug:

:grouphug:Praying for his safety and your peace of mind, Aubrey.

Thank you. Any time he's *really* late, I always remember the first time he came home late after we were married. I called my dad in tears--it was after midnight. I remember my dad telling me everything was fine & he was just running late.

It was dh's first day on a new job, & the closing-up took a lot longer than he expected. He was home in the time frame that dad told me he would be (several hours late).

Looking back, of course dad had no idea where dh was or why he was late, but hearing HIM tell me it was ok helped.

I'll panic with you. I hate stuff like this. My dh told me the other day that he was on the way home (from a store that's about 7 minutes away). Forty minutes later, he shows up. He decided to swing by the grocery store. :mellow: In the meantime, I've planned out the funeral, and now I'm figuring out how long we can live on the life insurance, and who can homeschool the kids when I eventually have to go back to work.

99.999999% of the time, it's nothing. :grouphug:

Oh yes! It's the nachos! And Doritos. And Fritos. Oh wait. That's what would have distracted me!

Seriously, I hope he's home soon. (With a Tiffany's diamond bracelet to make up for your worry.)

I'd think so, too, but he only had $20, so I doubt it, lol.

I hope he's home by now, but if not--

+he thought of some other things he needed and went to another store to get them

+there is black ice and he saw cars sliding, so he decided to wait it out

+he ran into an old friend/neighbor/colleague who talks excessively

Let us know when he gets home and in the meanwhile keep busy by doing a search here of something you've always wondered about. :grouphug:

I'll panic with you. I hate stuff like this. My dh told me the other day that he was on the way home (from a store that's about 7 minutes away). Forty minutes later, he shows up. He decided to swing by the grocery store. :mellow: In the meantime, I've planned out the funeral, and now I'm figuring out how long we can live on the life insurance, and who can homeschool the kids when I eventually have to go back to work.

99.999999% of the time, it's nothing. :grouphug:

If we had life ins, I'd be less worried. (Only a little, though!)

He's home. The roads were worse than he expected--which, since he's fine, is kind-of good. He's been worried about staying home so long w/ the weather.

But on top of that? He forgot the milk & eggs & had to go back through the long lines of people who also got enough at the store the day before the snow to last until tonight instead of next week. :svengo:

(And I can't give him too hard a time about forgetting the phone since he initially left without his keys. Good thing the car won't run w/out them.) :lol:

Oy. I'm going to be a gray-haired woman WAY too young.

If we had life ins, I'd be less worried. (Only a little, though!)

He's home. The roads were worse than he expected--which, since he's fine, is kind-of good. He's been worried about staying home so long w/ the weather.

But on top of that? He forgot the milk & eggs & had to go back through the long lines of people who also got enough at the store the day before the snow to last until tonight instead of next week. :svengo:

(And I can't give him too hard a time about forgetting the phone since he initially left without his keys. Good thing the car won't run w/out them.) :lol:

Oy. I'm going to be a gray-haired woman WAY too young.

Glad he is safe!!!

Last week DH went to go pick up a prescription; he was told it would be a twenty minute wait. He walked over to the nearby restaurant/bar and started watching the football game. Two hours later he finally remembered the medicine and came home. Oh golly we were so worried. THEN so mad! I am glad your sweetie is safe.