Menu

If you live in South East Kansas-

Am I crazy for packing up me, the 2 little kids, and a puppy and driving from northwest AR to Eldarado tomorrow?

I know I should probably stay home, the problem is convincing my husband, who will meet us there Sat. morning and wants to watch the Superbowl with his cousin.

Then I was going to stay there all week to help with thier new baby, while he drives back home Monday.

Right now we have more snow forcasted tomorrow and on sun/mon.:001_huh:

Am I crazy for packing up me, the 2 little kids, and a puppy and driving from northwest AR to Eldarado tomorrow?

I know I should probably stay home, the problem is convincing my husband, who will meet us there Sat. morning and wants to watch the Superbowl with his cousin.

Then I was going to stay there all week to help with thier new baby, while he drives back home Monday.

Right now we have more snow forcasted tomorrow and on sun/mon.:001_huh:

My parents live about an hour from Eldorado. Are you asking about the weather? They got between 6-9 inches of snow earlier this week, but the roads are okay now. The drive would be horrific, though, with two small kids. I don't know what route you would be following, but it is miles and miles of plains. It would be what...15 hours? 20? My kids are really good travelers and I don't know if I would do that with just two small kids and no other driver.

Sorry, I misread, if your husband wants to go (and your older kids would be along, too) I'd go for it unless it will be blizzard conditions. Eldorado is on a four lane, they'll keep it clear.

Yes I was asking about the weather. We make the drive quite often (it's about 5-6 hours from our house in Wesley AR to my SIL's in Eldarado KS). And actually I love seeing the plains again. I miss Kansas, there isn't enough sky here in AR ;)

No I won't have the big kids (they're staying here with my dad) or my husband (he's leaving after work Sat. morning it'll save him almost two hours over driving home, then leaving for KS and we'll need both vehicles anyway since I am staying there for the week.)

Yes I was asking about the weather. We make the drive quite often (it's about 5-6 hours from our house in Wesley AR to my SIL's in Eldarado KS). And actually I love seeing the plains again. I miss Kansas, there isn't enough sky here in AR ;)

No I won't have the big kids (they're staying here with my dad) or my husband (he's leaving after work Sat. morning it'll save him almost two hours over driving home, then leaving for KS and we'll need both vehicles anyway since I am staying there for the week.)

Okay, now I feel like an idiot. I am totally blaming this on the baby not letting me sleep, but I was thinking Arizona. I KNOW better, I really do. I thought you meant a huge trip from the west. That's a long, long emptiness that way.