Menu

History for Jr. High and Highschool age children?

Guest SueQ

We use SOTW for elementary and love it! But my oldest will be in Jr. high next year and would love to find a history curriculum for him. I don't think that Mrs. Bauer wrote a history curriculum for Jr. high and highschoolers. Is there something similar to SOTW out there for older students?

• 1 month later...
we are following the suggestions she set out in WTM: we use Short history of Western civilization as a spine and do a Great Books study with different resources, following the WTM reading lists.

Our first year was very succesful - Ancients with DD 13.

I'm so happy to hear that as we've decided to do the same next year. :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

History Odyssey is the BOMB. You should also look at TRISMS. The suggestion is to use their History Makers series and spread it out over 7th and 8th grade for two years of work. You can then move onto their other series for highschool.

I am at this point, seriously trying to decide which one to use myself because they are both so good and I have them both. I got them both used and very reasonably priced on here actually. If you look into TRISMS however, make sure to look for the 2008 revised History Makers, not the 2001 version.

Even though I never thought I would, we used SOTW 1 again this year (my boys are 4th and 5th) and are going to use SOTW 2 next year (boys will be 5th and 6th).

I am going to switch to something different for the next two years, but using SOTW over again is an option.

History Odyssey keeps catching my eye' date=' I am trying not to give into buying something new, but I think I'm in love.[/quote']

This is what I've decided to go with for my 5th grade student... I'm hoping we like it well enough to do their complete Level 2 and 3. We'll probably supplement with MOH for Logic stage.