Menu

Kindle - cover?

Mine is always in the cover, home and away. It would just be too much to me to put the cover on when we leave. I have an M-edge cover. I have this one. And their light as well. It fits nicely in the cover. Before I had a light I needed a light. Now that I have one, I've never used it. :001_huh:

I only have free books on mine. But I plan on buying Ree's book. :tongue_smilie: Oh, I have more books on mine than dh does, but he pays for his.

A word of warning: My dh got a kindle cover from Amazon. It has known problems. The metal prongs short out your kindle. Dh got a refund from Amazon, but make sure you don't get that style. He then bought a beautiful cover from Oberon Design. The cover stays on at home and on the go. I think it helps protect the screen.

DS, DH and I all have ours in covers all the time. It's nice to have one on even when just at home. The only advice I can give is if you have the newest Kindle, don't buy this one which I noticed amazon has stopped carrying, DS and I had them and we had trouble with it making our Kindles constantly reboot and not hold our place in books. When I called about the problem, they didn't even question it, just refunded my money, gave me a $50 credit for my trouble so I could buy two of these which are basically the same style cover with a built in light. The new covers with the light have worked great and no troubles with reboots or lost bookmarks anymore.

Yes, get a cover.

Ds reads with the Kindle, and reads a ton in bed. We didn't have a cover- because it is soooo nice to hold without one. Ds fell asleep and maybe ?? rolled over it causing a teeny screen pressure point-- we don't know really what happened, it just had a funny non-refreshing area on the top one morning. The amazon people, super kind, pointed out that the screen is not like a touch screen, it is very sensitive to pressure. Now we have a new Kindle, in a cover, and hoping we don't have that problem again.

Edited by RamonaQ
whoops!

I got the amazon cover with the built in light. I like reading on just the kindle, but I wanted something to protect the kindle from being scratched. I don't like how heavy the cover is, but I have gotten used to it and don't notice anymore. I love the light!

I keep mine in its jacket at all times. I've thought about getting the light that goes with it, but I'd rather read with my bedside lamp on at night than with a clip-on one. I also have the Kindle app on my iPod touch, so I can read my current Kindle book at night on my touch (there's a sync feature so you can go back and forth without losing your place) if I don't want to use a light.

Edited by WordGirl

I have an M-Edge GO!, it's this one. I keep it on all the time. The kindle is too small for me to hold comfortably without the cover. It makes the kindle feel more like a book. The front folds all the way to lay against the back. I love it.

:iagree:I have this cover in leather and my DD has it in pink. It protects the Kindle, makes it feel like a book when reading (but can be folded back if you prefer). I like the fact that you don't have to unhook or unzip before reading - just like a "real" book!

Enjoy your purchase.

I have an M-Edge GO!, it's this one. I keep it on all the time. The kindle is too small for me to hold comfortably without the cover. It makes the kindle feel more like a book. The front folds all the way to lay against the back. I love it.

Yep, I have this one in green.

You only need a light for your Kindle if you would normally use a booklight with a book. If you normally read when there's overhead lighting, etc, and don't use book lights, you won't need a light for your Kindle.

I have the Built slip cover for my new Kindle. I had the book type cover for my old Kindle. I carry it on myurse almost daily and the exposed edges of the cover allowed me to chip the edge of my Kindle and later make a tiny crack in the select button. Both were repaid carefully with SuperGlue but, still... I love holding my Kindle without a cover while reading it and it's completely protected and even cushioned.

I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Kindle-Sleeve-Display-Generation/dp/B003NE5UXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1296696146&sr=8-3

I have http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital-Kindle-Generation-Leather-Protector/dp/B00428C1I0/ref=pd_sim_e_11 . It is exactly what I was looking for: sturdy yet lightweight and securely holds my Kindle at all four corners. It folds back nicely and is easy to hold while reading. I've only had it for a month, so I cannot speak to how it holds up over time.

The other case I considered was the M-Edge Go that others have mentioned. It looks like a really good case, and if the one I have does not last, I will probably get an M-Edge Go.

I don't have a light, but it is something I might consider getting eventually. So far I have not had much need for one though.

Mine is always in the cover, home and away. It would just be too much to me to put the cover on when we leave. I have an M-edge cover. I have this one. And their light as well. It fits nicely in the cover. Before I had a light I needed a light. Now that I have one, I've never used it. :001_huh:

That's the same one I have (in green), and I love it. It is sturdy and the outside is soft microfiber leather. It also holds the Kindle with molded strong leather inserts at the bottom, rather than the elastic loops. The one I had before (M-Edge Latitude) stored the light on the outside, which was a pain; it also felt weird, as it was made of nylon canvas. The elastic loops on the bottom loosened and wouldn't hold the Kindle, so it came loose all the time.

Edited by K in MI