Menu

Teachers Lounge on Groundhog Day

Did the groundhog even come out today? I'm in Phoenix, where it really doesn't matter. Although, considering the freezing temps here, literally, right now, maybe it should.

Anyway, I'm on deadline so here we go:

What's for lunch? Me: El Monterey chimichangas. In the toaster oven right now. Maybe with a side of NY Texas Toast.

Do you have a deadline for anything today? Me: my mystery short story, due by 2! And it's already past 11am and I'm not done. Ahhh!:tongue_smilie:

Are you liking the snow, if you have it, or is it just one more hindrance to your life? Me: I'd like some snow. It's cold enough here now to receive it. Send it on over! :lol:

Talk to me! :bigear:

I haven't considered lunch today. Probably turkey sandwiches and fruit as we head out the door for music lessons.

I have a few print projects that are due tomorrow. I'll probably be in the office until 11pm tonight.

I like the snow, but probably only because we don't get measurable amounts very often.

We had Bible study and devotions and a huge history lesson plus readings from Beowulf and Augustine. It was wonderful and the kids were tuned in....but since then, DOWNHILL. I feel like I'm trying to herd cats. They want to play out and I think they need it but the wind gusts are horrendous with wind chills that are nasty. So, no playing out right now. I'm about ready to make them do calistetics.

I was lazy for lunch. I made dh a hoagie and a big salad. The kids, not wanting this, ate homemade granola with milk....HUGE bowls of this. Oh well, it's oats and sunflower seeds and honey for sweetener so I will not think about being a bad nutritionist today.

Dh had a terrible morning in phone conferences this morning...now it's gotten quite light as a bunch of his collegues lost their internet connections and can't work from home where they are stuck. So, he's enjoying some down time.

Oh, and I know this sounds like a very bad Christian, but church activities are canceled tonight and that includes my every Wednesday worship team practice (lead pianist, head musician) and I am so happy not have to go out in the bitter cold tonight. Now, if I can just hope that school is canceled again tomorrow so my small livestock meeting at the county extension office is also canceled, then all will be right with my world.

Faith

Oh, and I know this sounds like a very bad Christian, but church activities are canceled tonight and that includes my every Wednesday worship team practice (lead pianist, head musician) and I am so happy not have to go out in the bitter cold tonight. Now, if I can just hope that school is canceled again tomorrow so my small livestock meeting at the county extension office is also canceled, then all will be right with my world.

Faith

Well, scootch over; I'm joining you on the "Bad Christian" couch; I was glad to hear church was canceled for tonight, too. It's just too cold and icy to be going out.