Menu

Biblioplan... have you used it? Did you like it?

staceyobu

I have been searching the old threads for info on biblioplan and not finding a lot of information. Why aren't more people using this? I borrowed ancients from a friend and have been pretty impressed so far. The k-3 books look like ones my current k'er would really like. It would allow me to combine everyone in the future. I'm just surprised I'm not seeing more on here about it and wondering if I'm missing something!

There have been a couple of recent threads on BP that I remember responding to. I am using Year 2 with a 2nd grader this year, and plan to use Year 3 next year along with SOTW 3 (using SOTW 2 this year). I've also used the SOTW AG to some extent, but might just go with all BP resources next year along with the SOTW 3 text. It is great, and I love how they've broken the books down by age. Many of them have been at my library, and almost all of them we have liked. I think it might just not be the trendy thing to use right now, or not a lot of people know about it. I don't think there is anything at all bad about it. I've told several friends about it this year, since we've really liked it, and at least one of them has ordered it for next year. I really wish I'd know about it for ancients, because I think we'd have loved using it with SOTW 1l. I can totally see using it for a 2nd history rotation with the older grades recommendations for books. My one piece of advice is don't go crazy buying books, especially ones for older ages than your child is (which I did a little bit...bought the Famous Men of books which are beyond my dd's level for sure). The recos they make in the beginning pages about what to do with younger kids are on target, imo.

I have been using SL this year, but have "bought into" BP completely for going forward. When I made a pros v. cons list for SL I found that BP "filled" all of the "gaps" left by SL, AND it included the good literature that I love about SL. I also like that BP follows the cycles as laid out in TWTM. Good fit! I was also surprised that more people were not using BP, but I sure am glad to have "found" it! :001_smile: