Menu

Don't forget Baskin Robbin's $0.31 scoop day tomorrow.

Yeah... has anyone done this? I guess we don't have the required number of children (only two) to make it worthwhile to stand in line that long for cheap ice cream. If they had it available during the day, I'd drop by... (there are at least 3 Baskin-Robbins pretty close to my house) but I imagine the line will be dozens of people long, right? I'd rather save the time and spend $5 on ice cream--now, if my quiver was full, so to speak, I'd probably be willing to line up...

So we drove by on our way home from dinner... and there were 100 or more people in line at both stores we passed. But to keep with the spirit of the day, we did stop and buy ice cream and cones at the grocery store for later...

if you want to head to BR tonight, you've still got time to make it (even on the east coast)!

:eek:

This was posted YESTERDAY.

As in, not today.

As in, the lines for ice cream are already being formed!!!

But...I don't have the car...shall I look up the closest one & consider the walk there & back my Exercise to Make up For Ice Cream? (I never exercise to make up for ice cream, btw.)

Or let it go & pay $5 if I really, really want ice cream? (I actually don't. I just want something for 31 cents.)

We went to our local BR tonight (the 30th) for the good deal. We took our 6 dc and 2 other neighbor children. Everyone got 2 scoops of ice cream, I got 4 (2 for me, 2 for baby :D) and it cost us less than $8. Hoowah! The lines were very short for the most part. AND, the service was awesome. The price tag was right up our alley...we never get ice cream out, btw, b/c it's just so darned expensive for 6 dc! Hope everyone else got a chance to go and get some good, cheap ice cream! :D

We went to our local BR tonight (the 30th) for the good deal. We took our 6 dc and 2 other neighbor children. Everyone got 2 scoops of ice cream, I got 4 (2 for me, 2 for baby :D) and it cost us less than $8. Hoowah! The lines were very short for the most part. AND, the service was awesome. The price tag was right up our alley...we never get ice cream out, btw, b/c it's just so darned expensive for 6 dc! Hope everyone else got a chance to go and get some good, cheap ice cream! :D

Oh, rub it in. :glare:

(But I do like your reasoning. 2 scoops for you, 2 for baby. I'm going to tell this to dh next time we go. Although he's allergic, so he loves to buy as much for me as I want. Oh my.)

Alright, I've had it. I didn't want any ice cream before reading this thread.

Now? I can't think about ANYTHING ELSE!

How could you do this to a pg woman??? :crying::crying:

Oh Aubrey...I'm sorry. You must really hate me today...first the chocolate thread and now this one! :leaving:

We decided the crowds would not be worth it but we still wanted ice cream so we went at lunch:) BR is close enough to walk to, but we still hardly ever go. We are not big ice cream eaters normally. Anyway, the owner said she expected 1600 people this evening :blink: and she had to close for an hour in the afternoon to get prepared. Considering how small the local population is I am shocked turn out would be that high. I am happy to pay full price to avoid the crowds and be able to sit at a table and enjoy the treat time.