Menu

Because of the storm we can not go anywhere...

If dh could go to work, I'd be thrilled to be snowed in.:lol:

Love the guy, really. But, I bought "snowed in" food with only the girls and I in mind. We have enough food, I just didn't get the right types of food for him to be home all day.

dh never has to miss work. Usually, he makes it to work and comes home and takes us out to eat on snow days. Plus, he gets really, really, really, really antsy just sitting around the house. He and the kids have sat around all day watching Penguins of Madagascar and hunting shows. :tongue_smilie: I have a bad head cold, so I guess it's all good.

His work has already closed for tomorrow.:001_huh:

I'm jealous! We live in mountainous Colorado and have not been snowed in ONCE this year. Highly unusual!

This morning we had a horrible cold front with temps at -17...but no snow! So I still had to bundle up and go to my PT job! That's just wrong....

I'm getting tons done, went through all the files and made sure they were in order (sometimes papers get put in the wrong folder!) Made muffins this morning, straightened up my food stockpile and got some stuff ready to donate to a friend in need, sometime tomorrow I'll go through my Health & Beauty stuff. My dh plows, so he'll probably be gone all day tomorrow, we are supposed to get about 8 inches overnight. I also plan to clean out the fridge tomorrow. I love being stuck home, it gets me really motivated. I also watched the first episode of Downton Abbey. I'll watch more of that tomorrow as well.

We had an 'ice' day two weeks ago, and two snow days last week -- but we did have to move out of the house due to lack of electricity.

I would LOVE a plain old snow day without loss of electricity -- and I would love it for the reason you stated: so we would not have to go anywhere!

We aren't getting anything from the storm that is whacking the rest of you. But, it's okay with me b/c dd30 has an important doctor's appointment tomorrow and I really didn't want that getting cancelled -- the appointment is time-sensitive.

Thoughts and prayers to all of you who are having bad weather!:grouphug:

The only issue I have is that my dh is a talker. Love him, but he's used all of his words on me today. Yes, I love that he is talking to me, but he doesn't get that I got books in the mail today..books, I need to read... and plan, they're for school. The USPS delivered them in the middle of a blizzard! I'm so considering using a snow day for tomorrow. :lol::lol:

The only issue I have is that my dh is a talker. Love him, but he's used all of his words on me today. Yes, I love that he is talking to me, but he doesn't get that I got books in the mail today..books, I need to read... and plan, they're for school. The USPS delivered them in the middle of a blizzard! I'm so considering using a snow day for tomorrow. :lol::lol:

That is so funny! My dh is the opposite. He came home from work around 10:00 and has been working in the basement all day--we hardly saw him! *I* have some words *I* need to use up! ;)

Well, the girls get tired of each other and are starting to bickering. A LOT.

And then there's the re-scheduling of all the cr4p. Seriously, between snow and illness, we've missed 3 piano lessons in January. And we've already paid for them. And now I have to re-schedule them.

And every time we miss co-op they tack one on at the end, which means we'll probably be running into vacation.

AND, seriously, do you HAVE to shadow me while your home? It's not like you are NEVER with me, I homeschool you for Goodness Sake!

Give me a snowday withOUT the kids, and I'll be :party: