Menu

Dr. Hive: Something stuck in foot

I stepped on something sharp and small. About the size of 1 cm. Its either plastic or pencil lead. At first, it was sticking out so I tried grabbing with tweezers but it's almost as if it isn't a solid (when I grab it a line of ooze comes with the tweezers but not the solid itself).

I am soaking it now, and after about 10 minutes I tried again but it goes in deeper. A thin layer of skin is covering it. I can see it, but when I try to dig it out it goes in deeper. I think its in pretty deep but i don't know what to do.

It stopped bleeding but when I pick at it or grab it it feels like its pushing in deeper.

I need to go shovel but can't walk as it is right in the heel.

Help please!

I stepped on something sharp and small. About the size of 1 cm. Its either plastic or pencil lead. At first, it was sticking out so I tried grabbing with tweezers but it's almost as if it isn't a solid (when I grab it a line of ooze comes with the tweezers but not the solid itself).

I am soaking it now, and after about 10 minutes I tried again but it goes in deeper. A thin layer of skin is covering it. I can see it, but when I try to dig it out it goes in deeper. I think its in pretty deep but i don't know what to do.

It stopped bleeding but when I pick at it or grab it it feels like its pushing in deeper.

I need to go shovel but can't walk as it is right in the heel.

Help please!

Yikes! I think since it's right where you walk, that I would go to urgent care, especially because it seems like it keeps going deeper as you try to get it out.