Menu

CLE math and Life of Fred

jg_puppy

I realize you are probably looking for the younger years ... but we are using CLE 700 concurrently with LOF Prealgebra this year. This is working very, very well. The topics from one reinforces the other. We do one lesson from each program daily. We finished LOF Prealgebra 1 and CLE 705 before Christmas and are enjoying Prealgebra 2 and 706 now. We pay no attention to trying to coordinate the two programs -- just do them.

Enjoy.

Thank you both. My dd is in 5th grade, but I put her in CLE 300's to build confidence. She is moving through it very quickly, and I was guessing I could start Life of Fred sometime in the 400's.

I am hoping this combination will last us through algebra so I like hearing that someone else has had success using LOF Prealgebra and CLE 700.

Janet

We did it, and it sounds like your plan is right on track!

We wrapped up LOF Economics alongside CLE 700 and I think they prepared my son well for Algebra. I think they complement eachother well. I also did a few other things for Pre-Alg because I had a little time to stretch out due to working ahead of schedule--but those two programs alone would have been enough for most students IMO.

I think you'll be happy with the combo. CLE is very solid, and Fred shows you a new way of looking at math. Good luck!

Edited by homeschoolally

Dd is in 8th grade CLE. I had thought about using Life of Fred, but didn't really decide to until this year. I think it would have been great to use it earlier. DD is doing Fractions, Decimals & Percents, and Pre-Algebra with Biology all this year.

My ds is close to beginning CLE 3rd grade. I do not know how many Pre-Algebra books there will be, but if only the 2, I'll probably use one LoF book each year beginning in the 5th grade level of CLE.

Dd is in 8th grade CLE. I had thought about using Life of Fred, but didn't really decide to until this year. I think it would have been great to use it earlier. DD is doing Fractions, Decimals & Percents, and Pre-Algebra with Biology all this year.

My ds is close to beginning CLE 3rd grade. I do not know how many Pre-Algebra books there will be, but if only the 2, I'll probably use one LoF book each year beginning in the 5th grade level of CLE.

There are 2 levels out at the moment, but from what I have read on here he is writing more levels. I don't know how quickly they will be released.

Janet