Menu

Momentary vent -- thanks for indulging.... :)

Yeah, I hear you. It's kind of like the genie in Aladdin-great enormous power, teeny little body. Which is why I have a kid who can spend the entire drive home from Co-op complaining about a kid in four different languages (quite inventively, I might add. I was trying SO hard to keep from laughing), but bursts into tears if you ask her to tie her shoes.

And I assume she'll eventually get time down. She seems to make progress each time it comes around in Singapore-and then, the next review, it's gone. 100% on everything else, but telling time beyond, maybe :00 :15, :30, and :45 on an analog clock is asking for a meltdown.

The interesting thing is that mine don't seem to be losing that asynchrony at 8 and 11 years old. (I thought they'd even out at least a little.)

Same here. Mine are still completely asynchronous. Some days are just soooo difficult living with people who cognitively understand so much beyond their years yet are emotionally their chronological ages.

but telling time beyond, maybe :00 :15, :30, and :45 on an analog clock is asking for a meltdown.

Dd can tell time fairly well -- but when it comes to questions like this, she blanks. Elapsed-time word problems seem to stump her.

Johnny started reading at 9:30 AM and finished at 1:50 PM. How many minutes/hours did he read altogether?

It's fun listening to your stories about your kids.Thankfully we have outgrown the meltdowns due to frustration. God is good. :)