Menu

Do you remember seeing a video of an inside swing?

Kids getting punchy this winter? lol I remember that. It was fab.

I think my dh would shoot me if I rigged one up. :lol: (Oh, wait, I bet I could put one in the BARN!!!!!!)

But a friend's dtr, this morning, was swinging from her living room curtains, and then doing pull-ups on her bathroom towel rod.

I think my dh would shoot me if I rigged one up. :lol: (Oh, wait, I bet I could put one in the BARN!!!!!!)

But a friend's dtr, this morning, was swinging from her living room curtains, and then doing pull-ups on her bathroom towel rod.

We set up a mini gym in our basement, and put in an OT rotational device in the ceiling that would allow us to switch off types of swings. We had a hammock swing, disc swing, etc. Our kids used it A LOT, and it was a huge hit for visiting kids.

This device allows the swing a lot more movement and is great fun...unless spinning makes you sick.:tongue_smilie:

http://www.southpawenterprises.com/Safety-Rotational-Device-P229.aspx

It was Macrina.

HTH,

Carolyn

We set up a mini gym in our basement, and put in an OT rotational device in the ceiling that would allow us to switch off types of swings. We had a hammock swing, disc swing, etc. Our kids used it A LOT, and it was a huge hit for visiting kids.

This device allows the swing a lot more movement and is great fun...unless spinning makes you sick.:tongue_smilie:

http://www.southpawenterprises.com/Safety-Rotational-Device-P229.aspx

My husband got that same sort of tool from Lowes for much, much less. It's not called a "safety" device but it looks just the same and does the same thing...

We got this from Amazon and have it hanging in the school room so Grace can swing while she learns... otherwise she couldn't focus long enough to learn anything, LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Padded-Swing-Chair-34302/dp/B00158PGJQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296583662&sr=8-2

My husband hung it with industrial looking hangers (from Lowes) that allow it to spin in a circle.

At first I was thinking you meant me. I did have swings in my house for my boys.

I just put some circle hooks in the top of a door frame. And then when my boys wanted to swing I hooked on a "S" hook and the swing. The swing was rope, and the seat was knitted by my Mom.

That's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

This popped into my head today, and wanted to share the concept with someone.

Someone posted a video (a year or two ago!) of their kids swinging for indoor winter "gym" time. These swings were fabric/rope, and made in doorways.

Help??????????

My friends had a swing in their living room. They have large beams in their house, and they just strung a rope swing (wooden seat) from one of them. Their beams are high, making a long, slow swing. The kids loved it!