Menu

What would be the medical term for sluggish muscles?

I'm googling and not finding anything. Basically, my muscles feel like I'm swimming underwater. Every thing I do seems to take extra effort sort of like I've "hit the wall" even though the most strenuous thing I've done is to roll out of bed. This isn't anything new but I'm wanting more specific terms to look up and/or discuss with my doctor.

I'm googling and not finding anything. Basically, my muscles feel like I'm swimming underwater. Every thing I do seems to take extra effort sort of like I've "hit the wall" even though the most strenuous thing I've done is to roll out of bed. This isn't anything new but I'm wanting more specific terms to look up and/or discuss with my doctor.

:grouphug: In 2007 I almost ended up in a wheel chair due to HORRIBLE joint inflamation, pain, and this exact type of feeling in all of my muscles.

By the grace of God, my joints healed (elbows are deformed but no one can tell. Just hard as a dancer, because I can't dance like I could before :( )

My muscles still feel this way much of the time. :(

I have been tested for TONS of things. All have always been negative.

Praying for you.

The first things that come to my mind are mitochondrial dysfunction or fibromyalgia. :grouphug:

Well, I'm diagnosed with fibromyalgia so I know that but I wanted to target that part of the whole symptom package. (I know - I should have said that up front.) I've successfully been able to treat with supplements some of my other individual symptoms but this one eludes me.