Menu

Teachers Lounge! 1-31-2011

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Anyone getting lots of snow right now? We're in the desert so we don't get a lot of snow. Sometime, though, I'd like to have a 'snow day'! :^)

So, what's for lunch today? Kids: chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges. Me: black bean and corn tortilla chips with melted cheese, with a side of mandarin oranges.

What are you waiting on today? I'm waiting for my husband to say "Go ahead" so I can order new math curriculum for my daughter.

What's better for you today than it was last week? Me: the virus is on its way out so I can actually think clearly for once! Yeehaa! :lol:

Talk to me! :bigear:

The weekend was GORGEOUS - high 60's and just like a fresh, spring day. After our week of snow a couple weeks ago, it was a very welcomed weekend.

Lunch: Cup of noodles for DS; cup of hot tea for me

I'm waiting on a package from Land's End (clearance stuff) :001_smile:

This week is not nearly as hectic as last week. :hurray: Thank goodness. While we are always busy, last week was over the top.

It is cold here. We are expecting the arrival of an ice storm tonight.

Lunch: I had a hamburger, dd9 had tomato soup with sourdough toast and as per usual, dd7 had macaroni and cheese.

I'm waiting on many packages. I just ordered curriculum for next year on Friday so I have several outstanding packages. Got my first one today though : Greek Alphabet Code Cracker. I am anxiously waiting the arrival of my daughter's Singapore math as I decided to switch her over. I want those NOW!:)

Dd9 was sick over the weekend and is on the road to recovery. I am in the beginning throes of PMS so hopefully I get through the week easily.

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Our weekend was beautiful. Highs near 70. It stormed last night and now temps are falling. Predictions for tomorrow are for near freezing highs. Ugh. Thankfully no snow or ice is predicted for our area.

So, what's for lunch today? I made homemade cheese pizza for the kids. I am running out of groceries waiting for the next paycheck so I couldn't do anything original or flashy. My pizza had tomatoes and onions added.

What are you waiting on today? Dh to get paid so I can actually go to the store and buy what I want. The plumber to finish installing the new toilet (a gift from my dad because ds 10 complained the the new house toilets were not big enough for his growing bottom LOL.)

What's better for you today than it was last week? Me: the virus is on its way out so I can actually think clearly for once! Yeehaa! :lol: Boy, Can I agree on this one! I have finished my meds for strep and feel much better. Ds is halfway thru his meds for his strep, and no one else has caught it so far. I like a healthy family!

So, what's for lunch today? Kids: hot dogs and mac and cheese

Me: not sure yet.

Today is dh's last day at his current job and I can't wait for him to be home and done with it. Things have been getting worse for the last year or so, but he has been there for 15 years, so it is a BIG DEAL. His stress level has already gone WAY down, even with looking fro a job adn worrying about that.:001_smile:

How was your weekend?

It was fun, but busy. We went to a hockey game and our team won!

Anyone getting lots of snow right now?

We are supposed to get quite the whopper this week. I need another snow day like I need a hole in the head. :glare:

So, what's for lunch today?

Kids: Peanut butter and jelly double decker sandwiches.

Me: turkey on flatbread

What are you waiting on today?

Waiting for the kids to finish Wii so I can do Wii Fit.

What's better for you today than it was last week?

I am feeling better about cutting out snacks and junk from my diet. It was hard last week and it feels a bit easier now.

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Anyone getting lots of snow right now? We're in the desert so we don't get a lot of snow. Sometime, though, I'd like to have a 'snow day'! :^) We had a gorgeous weather weekend and I was able to stay inside the whole time (:glare:) cleaning out and organizing ds room. On the bright side, it's very clean and organized now, and his consequence for allowing it to get the way it did was to lose some things and have to earn them back. DH cleaned out the garage. It was a productive weekend for decluttering!

So, what's for lunch today? Kids: chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges. Me: black bean and corn tortilla chips with melted cheese, with a side of mandarin oranges. Kids: pb&j on whole wheat, corn chips, pears. I had a giant bowl of veggie soup (think cabbage soup diet) and turkey/cheese roll ups. I'm on WW so this was filling and got my veggies in.

What are you waiting on today? I'm waiting for my husband to say "Go ahead" so I can order new math curriculum for my daughter. Good for you on the new math! My dh said "go for it" last week and dd just started today. We're going to do a MM/TT combo. She really enjoyed TT today. I guess taking me out of the equation (:tongue_smilie:) was what she needed. I'm not waiting on anything right now except a few random PBS books.

What's better for you today than it was last week? Me: the virus is on its way out so I can actually think clearly for once! Yeehaa! :lol: We haven't been sick all fall or winter so far, knock wood. And a freeze is on the way. Not sure yet what's better except the math as stated above.

Anyone doing anything fun this week? I get to take my mother in law to get hearing aids today. :bigear: So there's that. Chess club is tomorrow and that's always fun. No field trips planned though. I'm itchy to plan something fun!

How was your weekend?

Extremely busy. Dh was installed as pastor at our church. I led the kids in a church "show and tell".

No snow. But it is dry and cold.

It's still an hour until lunch so I don't know for sure yet.;) Most likely a salad.

Just waiting for myself to get all my backlog of stuff done. . .

I'm in a bit less pain today. That's always good!

Weekend: 6" of new snow, sunny and absolutely gorgeous, so we went snowtubing. Tons of fun!

Lunch: grilled cheese, tomato soup.

Waiting on: phone call back from a friend, who has family in Cairo.

Better today than last week: I got to sleep in until 7. Last week I had to be up at 4 each day to welcome my granddaughter that I was babysitting.

How was your weekend?

Our weekend was busy and fun. Lots of extra kids around on Saturday, lots of lacrosse games and a visit with friends on Sunday.

We have about 1/2 a foot left on the ground and the kids have built forts, tunnels and bumps on the hill. I love the snow but found my mind thinking about the beach today. I am thinking of taking the kids there next week. It will be cold, but I love the beach in the winter and the house has heat.

Leftover chicken and dumplings. I tried Pioneer Woman's recipe last night - so good!

Waiting for DH to get a job (and waiting and waiting...I feel like unemployment may never end)

Waiting for DS2 to stop dawdling and finish his handwriting paper.

Waiting for the fire to heat up in the fireplace because I am freezing.

Waiting seems to be a theme lately, maybe God thinks I need to learn more patience :glare:

Last week I thought we were behind in a few subjects. Sunday night I actually sat down and reviewed the plans I sent to our oversight group and found that we are on track or really close with everything. I was so happy because now I will have no apprehension returning my oversight woman's phone call and saying "come by anytime for our mid year review."

DH laughs at me because I get apprehensive every year and it is never a big deal, we have the nicest oversight.

How was your weekend?

Pretty good...enjoyed a nice family day on Saturday, and went to church and got a lot of laundry done on Sunday.

Snow?

We are expecting 8 to 14 inches of snow and sleet over the next couple of days, on top of the 2 or 3 inches still on the ground. I'm hoping that the ice passes us by and we don't end up with a power outage.

Lunch?

Today we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, spinach/green pepper/green onion salads, and grapes for lunch.

Waiting on?

Unfortunately, the snowstorm. :glare:

Better today then last week?

Well, without saying tmi, my monthly cycle ended last night, so my mood is much better! :)

How was your weekend?

It was my dd's b-day. We were at Chuck E. Cheese. Loud and crazy....

Right now, not so bad. I have heard snow, lots, to happen midweek.

Kids: Grilled cheese & red, yellow, orange peppers

Me: Same

For my son to finish his math from last week, so we can actually start this weeks school :D

I am feeling better. Last week I had a nasty cold..

How was your weekend?

I had a very mixed weekend. My aunt passed away last week and her memorial service was this Saturday. Even though it was sad, she had arranged for all her friends and family to have a party instead of a traditional funeral. We had a service at her church, then went to the golf club where she frequently golfed and had a huge party. I enjoyed seeing friends and relatives that I hadn't seen in a while, and I know my aunt would have been pleased with how everything turned out. It was exactly what she wanted.

That said, we all had strep throat last week and even though we were on antibiotics, my throat was still very sore all weekend, so I didn't feel so well.

We still have about a 12-18 inches of snow on the ground, and a storm is supposedly coming in tomorrow. I'm very tired of the snow, although the kids really want to go sledding. If I feel a little better tomorrow, we might go out in the morning before we start school.

So, what's for lunch today? We had to run errands today, and on errand day, the boys get to choose where to go for lunch. Ds2 picked Donato's pizza, so they had cheese pizza and lemonade, and I had a harvest chicken salad.

What are you waiting on today? I'm waiting to feel back to my old self again.

What's better for you today than it was last week? Well, today, at least, is sunny- last week was cloudy and gray all week. I'm not quite as ill as I was last week. I spent a lot of time making a slideshow and working on the program for Auntie's memorial service last week, so this week I can veg a little more.

Our weekend went by so fast. I actually went to the mall (ick) and got myself some cute clothes off the clearance rack at Penney's.

We have lots of snow on the ground, but today was dry. The ice and rain should move in overnight.

Lunch today: a big salad with black beans and avocado for me, leftover homemade pizza and kiwi for the kids.

What I'm waiting on: DH had a job interview this afternoon and I am waiting for him to get home and tell me how it went!

What's better this week: I think the higher dose of thyroid meds is finally kicking in. The house is starting to look presentable and we got through school so quickly today. For the past month it seemed like I could either manage the house or school, but balancing both just wasn't happening because I was so exhausted and achy. I have two weeks of the new meds in me, and I really think it's helping. Fingers crossed that today was not a fluke.

Good day to you!

We had a lovely, spring-like weekend. I was on campus at my son's school for a swim meet. They have a labyrinth there that is a replica of the one at Chartres and I was able to walk it while I was there. It was very neat.

Most of our snow (more than we've ever had before since I've lived here) has melted away with the warmer temps and quite a bit of rain over the past week. Now we're poised on the edge of that huge winter storm that is coming and I'm desperately hoping that we avoid ICE! One report says that we will just get rain, then the next minute they're showing that we will get almost a quarter inch of ice, so I'm uncertain about what's going to transpire....

My older son was home over the weekend (after his meet) for a short break before his spring semester begins. He ate lunch with us today before he had to go back to campus for an evening swim practice. We ate at Smashburger and all had burgers there (although they have lots of other choices, too).

It's interesting that you ask about waiting. I feel that I am in a definite waiting phase of my life. I am waiting to see whether my younger son will continue schooling with me after next year or whether I can begin looking at returning to some sort of work. If and when I do get to begin working again, what will I be doing? And how am I going to manage to try to work missions work into my life when I don't have a husband who is on the same page with me in that regard?

I'm not sure that I had any problems last week, LOL, so not sure that anything is better now, but thanks for asking! Glad that you're back on the road to recovery, too....

Howdy!

How was your weekend?

It was good. We played Settlers of Catan Friday night, went to my ds's Upward basketball game on Saturday morning, watched a couple of Office episodes with my dh Saturday night, church on Sun morning, shopping with a friend Sun afternoon, and back to church Sun night for a women's bible study.

Snow?

No, and all we got was ice during the last winter storm, even though my sister, just 70 miles north of us, got 8 inches. How does that happen???

Lunch?

Arby's; I had a meeting at the church where we have co-op then had to drive to a nearby town to purchase Conn song flutes for music in co-op. We got lunch there because I had coupons expiring today.

Sanity...I am going to have a super crazy week (co-op starts next Monday, I've got 2 classes to plan, my house is a wreck and my parent's come Thursday night, and sometime in there we have to do school).

What's better for you this week than last week?

Not much since we were at Disney half of last week, but last week I didn't have the schedule, worker schedules and supply lists for co-op done like I do now. That is better.

Well, the weekend was full of missed events due to sickness... those of you recovering, I just put up a whole post on this, but maybe you had the same thing my dd does? High fever with almost no other symptoms? Could this be a virus that will pass.. debating the dr.'s appt...

No snow here! Sunny and 70.. gotta love SoCal..

Lunch.. PB&J. That's what happens when we're sick.

Waiting for myself to decide about the dr. Waiting for approval for the husband to order new school stuff. Do we all order in January? :)

Today.. um, no last week was better. But it's still good. :)