Menu

Mac Users- do you buy Applecare?

I intend to. My friend who has several APples tends to get them replaced when the tiniest thing goes wrong,and he was upgraded recently to the latest Iphone because of issues.

SO although Apples tend *not* to go wrong, I intend to buy Applcare before my 1 year warrantee is up.

We do. I used it when I needed a new laptop battery, and when the kid's computer went flooey (bad video something or other) we got it repaired for free. Well worth it.

I just realized that makes it sound like Apples are problematic, but they really aren't. We own an inordinate number of Apple products (and use them hard), so something was bound to go wrong eventually.

Always. This time I've already had a new case and a new display along with several other smaller repairs - all right after the 1 year mark. Each time they give me a receipt that tells the price in one column and the $0 in another. I would be around $600-700 if I were paying out of pocket. I still have more than a year and a half left to use it as well.

I didn't see the educator's discount on there but I did order from Amazon today for $284 vs. the $349 list price from Apple.com. Would the education discount have been less than $284 for a 15" MacBookPro?

I do plan to use the educator's discount on a computer purchase this summer though! :D