Menu

One more question :)

I have one last question before I fall in bed and stay there ......for a whole 4 hours. :glare:

I am thinking seriously about doing school (meaning all scheduled subjects) 4 days a week with Friday being reserved for any supplemental videos, field trips, fun side projects.....a day for rabbit holes, but with no "formal" academics. Since Friday would still be an educational day, I want to count it as school for record keeping purposes. Would you?

I have one last question before I fall in bed and stay there ......for a whole 4 hours. :glare:

I am thinking seriously about doing school (meaning all scheduled subjects) 4 days a week with Friday being reserved for any supplemental videos, field trips, fun side projects.....a day for rabbit holes, but with no "formal" academics. Since Friday would still be an educational day, I want to count it as school for record keeping purposes. Would you?

yes. We call that "fun Friday" in our house and it's precisely when we do field trips etc. It all counts. You can take photographs of the day and include that in your portfolio. Somewhere online there is even a questionnaire that you can give to your dc after the field trip and they can fill that out too or write a brief summary of the day and it can be included in the portfolio as well. :)