Menu

Best educational apps for ipad?

We got an ipad through our charter school last week and have already put some cool apps on there but does anyone have any great app finds or suggestions?

So far we have

Google Earth

(I want Google Sky but I don't think we can since we don't have GPS with the ipad)

Free Books

Math drills (although I don't know the exact name)

and a few more that I can't remember but that's about it. We are on a tight budget so they can't be expensive. :bigear:

Here is some of what we have:

~Brain Pop

~Pop Math Plus (we do not have the iPad version, but do have the iPhone free version - for my iPod Touch, and like it)

~Chirp

~3-D Sun

~NASA HD

~Pocket Universe (AMAZING!)

~Finger Physics (game, but my DDs like it)

HTH!

• 9 months later...
Will all of these apps work on the Kindle Fire? Do you have to have a data plan to run them, or are they downloadable and that's it?

I don't want to buy an Ipad, can't afford a data plan, but I am interested in the Kindle Fire. I know I can download apps through the app store on amazon.

Some apps are available for android and some aren't you might want to make a separate post asking android tablet owners what they use. I do know there is a larger variety of educational material for the iPad but that doesn't mean android doesn't have resources. Also, fwiw you don't have to have a data plan for the iPad. I bought the wifi version and just use it on wifi. For either the kindle or iPad you will have to have wifi access to download apps and some work offline and some do not.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far, we like stack the states, cargo bot, pres vs aliens... It's been hard to post since my kids want it all the time! I will post again in a couple of days to update. Thanks to those who have posted previously. It. has been a great help.

• 3 weeks later...
We got an ipad through our charter school last week and have already put some cool apps on there but does anyone have any great app finds or suggestions?

So far we have

Google Earth

(I want Google Sky but I don't think we can since we don't have GPS with the ipad)

Free Books

Math drills (although I don't know the exact name)

and a few more that I can't remember but that's about it. We are on a tight budget so they can't be expensive. :bigear:

iCreate Color is a good educational app both for ipad and iphone.

Best Educational App goes Free for a Limited Time!!!

Since May 19, iCreate Color from Meet Studio is going free for a limited time!

This application is designed for baby at stage of the perception of color. By using Ipad or iPhone camera at the arbitrary objects, the system will automatically capture the color and show it on screen. The mysteries of forests and oceans are hidden in the colors, waiting for the moms and dads to accompany the baby to explore.

iCreate Color belongs to iCreate Series , crafted by iCreate team . iCreate once got Top 5 of Paid Educational Apps, What 's the Hot and Staff the Favorites on Apple Store.

What are you waiting for? Just download them!

Let’s get high on this weekend!

【iCreate Color】$2.99 to FREE!!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ar-color/id515567858?mt=8

From Colors to Things?!

Is it magical only in your dream?

There are plenty of colors around us;such as the enthusiastic red, the cheerful orange, the moderate green, the sedate blue, the noble purple, the pure white,the plain gray and the mysterious black. You know which objects they stands for? Let's find the hidden things in these colors with the camera, and then they will appear in your screen vividly.

Features:

1. Aim at the colors around you,

2. automatically reveal the things

More apps from MEET Studio:

iCreat: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icreate/id364799479?mt=8

Drawing Master: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hui-hua-da-shi/id387829845?mt=8

Sensory Training: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sensory-training/id453412419?mt=8

Please follow us on Twitter:@meetstudio

Facebook: Meetfuture David

• 1 month later...

I have these apps for my age 3 Preschooler:

Alpha Writer

Intro to Math

Intro to Geography North America

Intro To Letters

Bob Books #1 - Reading Magic

Bob Books #2 - Reading Magic

First Words: German

First Words: Japanese

First Words: Spanish

SUPER WHY!

PBS Kids Video (I go back and forth between deleting and reinstalling this one because it's a lot of cartoons!!!)

Penultimate

GarageBand

I have these educational apps for me:

PBS

TED

NASA App HD

NOVA Elements

Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe (My favorite app of all time!!!)

Netflix (Gotta love those documentaries.)

• 9 months later...

For middle and high schoolers, I second Cargo Bot if you want to challenge them and teach them the basics of computer programming.

Master Pieces is an excellent art game that could be used for an art curriculum for a few months

Combine 4 is a math game that is very similar to the card game 24

Fuzzy Logic teaches thinking skills (I wrote a blog post on this one - http://fundafunda.co...ing-skills.html)

Word Stack (WS Free is the free version) teaches word association in a fun way as does Word Link

For littlies, Lost Key and Meet Millie are gorgeous interactive stories