Menu

Our new kitten ran away. :(

DD went to the car to get something out and we think she accidentally let the cat out. She didn't realize it until 15ish minutes later when she went looking for her and couldn't find her. She's been missing for about three hours.

DH and I have torn the house apart looking for her and she's no where to be found. We've driven around the neighborhood looking for her. I can't imagine where she would have gone outside, but we'll be posting Lost Kitty signs tomorrow morning. We just got her Friday night so I can't imagine she could find her way home...

DD is heartbroken. So am I. :crying:

Awww. I'm so sorry. I would check any nearby bushes to your house. It's possible she might still be close to home. I had a cat get out when I was a kid and I thought for sure she was long gone and it turned out she was huddled all frightened in my next door neighbor's bushes. Maybe you can set some of her kitty food out as well to draw her if she's close. I really hope she comes back. :grouphug:

Awww. I'm so sorry. I would check any nearby bushes to your house. It's possible she might still be close to home. I had a cat get out when I was a kid and I thought for sure she was long gone and it turned out she was huddled all frightened in my next door neighbor's bushes. Maybe you can set some of her kitty food out as well to draw her if she's close. I really hope she comes back. :grouphug:

One of our kittens wandered out the open garage door and into the neighbors garage once. We "lost" that kitten for 2 weeks. I kept hearing a meowing and I'd run outside calling and calling. One day the neighbor saw me doing thisand she got a funny look---"I think one of your kittens is in our garage!" Yup, it'd 5 steps from our yard all along!

WE FOUND HER!!!! She jumped inside my yarn bag and fell asleep. The funny thing? I even picked up the bag and moved it in our search. I was standing there talking on DH about what we were going and on the brink of tears when she jumped out of the bag and onto a chair near me.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They really meant a lot. It had taken us a long time to get to the point we could have another cat after our last one passed and I couldn't stand the thought that she was out there all alone.

WE FOUND HER!!!! She jumped inside my yarn bag and fell asleep. The funny thing? I even picked up the bag and moved it in our search. I was standing there talking on DH about what we were going and on the brink of tears when she jumped out of the bag and onto a chair near me.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They really meant a lot. It had taken us a long time to get to the point we could have another cat after our last one passed and I couldn't stand the thought that she was out there all alone.

:hurray: I'm so glad. I think you have to post a pic up of this kitten. She sounds too cute! :) So glad she's found. :party: :grouphug:

That is great news! I have four kitties and they sometimes fall asleep in the strangest places.

Practically none will come when called unless they really want something so we used treat training to get them to come when we need a head count. A few days of shaking a treat box and they learn to all come running. We also have bells on all their collars along with vet and ID info. :)

So glad to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kitties are funny about where they hide and sleep. Ours loves to get into our walk in closet and climb up in a corner shelf. He also loves to get into dressers and sleep.