Menu

Anyone using Pandia Science and mergin with another program?

ChrissySC

I love the format and the experiments! I only wish there were some type of reinforcement for concepts or illustration beyond a few books or trips to the library.

I suppose I want what I have for history :lol:- a merge of Pandia with SOTW. I use the outlines and questions as well as a few activities, but the HO schedule and plan as well as the maps and discussion questions for paragraph and research writings.

<sigh>

I just need to find a science to merge with Life level 2 next year. Anyone?:D

I have only used the Chem Level 1, and I only used an outside reference for more information a few times. I thought it was great and just enough material presented in a way that my kids both understood. We are starting physics now and I will be combining RS4K with Physics Experiments for Children to stretch the material out over a longer period of time. Perhaps look back at the suggested resources for Life Science in Middle Scool in WTM. That is what we will be using for our middle school science: How Nature Works and How the Human Body Works. (If something else is recommended in the latest edition of the book, I don't know. I have the second edition of WTM).

I was not aware that Pandia Press had come out with a Level 2 for any of their science curricula yet. I will have to check them out. I wish I had found these when I first started out.

Jennifer

Ugghhh, I thought I saw level two :(

OK, now I am just distraught over science! LOL

Hmmm, I could merge WTM with Noeo Biology II though. I think this might be another thread <sigh>

Thank you for letting me know! I was finishing the last of SOTW and HO merge. I just assumed I would enrich science - not have to choose another.

Level 2 Biology is supposed to be out sometime in the fall according to the author, who posts on the yahoo group (keeping my fingers crossed as we've really liked Level 1 Chemistry and I want to do Bio. next year). Sorry, I don't have any advice about what to add. I'm hoping that since it's level 2, it will already be more meaty and enough for us. :)