Menu

Prime Numbers and Other Memory Work

Hunter

I have some quite significant memory loss issues due to my post trauma stuff. I've started over math at Saxon Algebra 1 and am dealing with the gaps as they arise. I'm finding the best way to deal with holes is to print out a chart and use it for now, and then start working on a plan to memorize the information, but use the chart for now.

I want to do a lesson or two of Saxon a week and then spend the rest of the week on memory drills.

I have a 20 by 20 multiplication chart and also pi, squares, square roots and cubes up to 20.

I realized this morning that primes and factoring is just GONE. I'm not even sure I'm using the right terms :-0 I think I need more than a chart for this topic. What resources are available in picture books and online video and software?

Oh! My dad just gave my son a book this weekend on factoring and prime numbers! It's called You Can Count on Monsters by Richard Evan Schwartz. It gives some tricks at the end for how to remember your prime numbers. All through the book, it shows the factors and has a monster picture with that number of some type of object (circles, points, etc.). It's really a neat book!