Menu

Please tell me how to replicate McCormick's spice envelopes!

the only one i ever used was the taco seasoning one and in order to eliminate the MSG and preservatives i now use:

1TBSP chili powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp mexican oregano

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1-1/2 tsp cumin

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

everyone likes it better than the mix pouches.

the only one i ever used was the taco seasoning one and in order to eliminate the MSG and preservatives i now use:

1TBSP chili powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp mexican oregano

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1-1/2 tsp cumin

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

everyone likes it better than the mix pouches.

What is Mexican oregano? How is it different from regular oregano? We use Organic Oregano that we cut and dried from our CSA.

The recipe above is very similar to the recipe I found in the cookbook Internal Bliss, the GAPS recipe book. That's 1 tsp plus 1/2 tsp Cumin. We use all organic spices plus Sea Salt instead of table salt.

This is for 1 lb of ground beef, so we doubled the recipe and used 2 lbs actually. Everyone loved it.

I have one child allergic to beef so we tried it with ground pork. He loved it, we thought it needed less Cumin with the ground pork.

What is Mexican oregano? How is it different from regular oregano? We use Organic Oregano that we cut and dried from our CSA.

The recipe above is very similar to the recipe I found in the cookbook Internal Bliss, the GAPS recipe book. That's 1 tsp plus 1/2 tsp Cumin. We use all organic spices plus Sea Salt instead of table salt.

This is for 1 lb of ground beef, so we doubled the recipe and used 2 lbs actually. Everyone loved it.

I have one child allergic to beef so we tried it with ground pork. He loved it, we thought it needed less Cumin with the ground pork.

from time to time i can't find Mexican Oregano at the store and i'll get the plain ole' oregano...no one's ever noticed a difference!