Menu

Ladies, you are all AMAZING! Seriously, you have helped me so much.

We have a shopping list set up for me to get what we need for dh on Monday. We did get 6 inches of snow last night and it all drifted into our little town. So, no shopping with dh today...his only Saturday off between now and the big event. But, I've made him read the threads, the voting on the ties, etc. and he has agreed. My only problem is that he will need a fresh haircut by then and trying to get him into a salon of any reputation is difficult because of his work hours. So, tomorrow at church, I'm going to BEG and offer a very nice TIP if our genius hair stylist/cosmetologist at church will agree to cut his hair at our house Wednesday evening after worship team practice because she'll be in town anyway - very talented girl....not only can she make anyone look like a million bucks but she's got a gorgeous soprano voice to boot!

MelanieM's dh is the same size, build, needs the long coat for that long torso, etc. as my dh. He's sending my dh a suit he doesn't need anymore and from what they describe, all I can say is I was in tears because it sounds so beautiful and it's such a generous thing to do. It will make things better for us because instead of having to get two suits, I'll only need one. That way, if I do have to attend the "formal" event that has been hinted at, I can go shopping for a dress for myself or accessories for one I already have (depending on exactly what type of dress is called for) and not worry about the money I'm spending. It might also mean I can have highlights put in my hair again. (I had that done before our anniversary last June and it looked sooooooo pretty. But, being expensive, I've never done it again.) I just can't thank them enough.

I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome of "dress for success". He said that his current manager and the GM customer do not want to lose him on this project so the wheels may turn slowly. We might not know for a couple of months as the two sets of management duke it out. But, a little birdy told him this morning that the group is adamant that they want him if he "performs" well through the seminars. Their Vice President has basically said that he'll have what he wants, end of discussion. So, if he can impress this VP, I think he has a very good shot at making it into the group and off this life-sucking project he's on....I also think that just the possibility of something else being available has given him a new perspective. He was supposed shut down a load process tonight at 7:00 p.m. though he was not scheduled to work today. He's sick of it and his subordinates, who are generally lazy on this project and want him to do all the work, received..."get your butts out of your chairs and do your jobs....I am not signing in at 7:00 p.m. tonight and there is going to be h*ll to pay if you don't do this" (so to speak - a bit more politically correct) emails and phone calls today. I just heard him say he doesn't have to work tonight! YEAH DH!!!!

So, to all for your help, advice, and comfort....Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't express my gratitude enough.

Please hold on though. If I end up having to "dress for success" and meet these people, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A NERVOUS NELLIE ON YOUR HANDS! I'll be on here begging for assistance with everything from eye shadow, to nails, to "updo, down, partially up", dress color, hose color, you name it. UGH! I have not had to do this in soooooo many years that it makes my eyeballs twitch just thinking about it. Plus, I'll probably need to rehearse some speeches about being a SAHM/Homeschooling mom should the "cat be let out of the bag".

Faith