Menu

I need a hug

Five years ago today I had my first miscarriage. Three months later I had my second. I have since had a very animated, lively, spunky little girl, but I don't think that pain will ever go away. So, if you could spare a few prayers, thoughts, good vibes, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Here's to all the angels we never got to meet:cheers2:.

:grouphug:

I don't know that particular pain. Mine is related to infertility. I'm sure there are a great number of similarities.

:grouphug:

:grouphug: I have a dear friend who experienced infertility for many years before she conceived. I never understood her pain until I lost my angels. It is the pain of dreams unrealized. :grouphug:

(((((Wendillouwho)))))

After my first miscarriage, I really didn't grieve too much. It's strange this isn't hitting me more, I thought. Fast forward a portion of the year... I had a day when I woke up crying, couldn't stop. A friend came over to pick up my oldest for a play date. When she saw me, she told all the kids to get in the car so I could have the day to myself and pull myself together. I had no idea what was wrong. After a few hours to myself, praying, trying to sort out where all the emotion was coming from, I finally realized it was the due date of the baby I had lost. Those wee ones touch us forever, don't they?

:grouphug::grouphug:

Five years ago today I had my first miscarriage. Three months later I had my second. I have since had a very animated, lively, spunky little girl, but I don't think that pain will ever go away. So, if you could spare a few prayers, thoughts, good vibes, I'd greatly appreciate them.

:grouphug: Praying for you!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I also have had two miscarriages so I understand your pain. I wanted to mention that after our first loss, dh and I bought ourselves small pieces or jewelry, mine a cross ring and him a pendant, that we wear as everyday reminders and an extra way to have a piece of that child with us all the time. Mine has what would have been the baby's birthstone on it. We didn't get another for the second child but our jewelry has come to symbolize both. I found that it helped us.

I lost two myself. It's devastating and doesn't ever fully go away.

I have a friend that lost 6, I think. Anyways she was saying the other day that they are on her heart all the time. She has been yearning for some kind of tangible, physical way to memorialize them. She's thinking of getting a small tatoo. Maybe of 6 tiny angels. I thought it was an awesome idea!

:grouphug: to you today.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry mama. These anniversaries are so hard. The due date for mine is coming up, would have been born 3 years ago. I will never forget all of the dates or the details. It is my child. I know you know what I mean.

I got a necklace soon after it happened. It has a sterling silver "teardrop" looking pendant with two birthstone beads, one for the due date month, one for the month of the mc. It is lovely, and I wear it a lot, especially on the bad days. Sometimes it is nice to just have something tangible, I guess. Not that I would ever forget, but I don't have any tangible items to look at or touch on my sad days. It helps me.

I was blessed to have my DS after it happened, I did have some other issues, and it was just a hard time. But I still wish his sister (I was certain it was a girl) was here to meet him. :(

:grouphug::grouphug: Thinking of you.

Edited by blakereese