Menu

Singapore Science?

rowan25

We used MPH for a little while and really did enjoy it. Something we've moved into that might interest your girls is learning.com's aha! science. It's all online (mostly--except the hands on experiments) and my ds is really enjoying it. It's a lot like the MPH (to me) with the higher order thinking skills, etc... just in online form, instead of workbook. I bet the MPH books would be a great supplement to aha! science too!

HTH!! :)

Those sound interesting. Actually I am looking for something to sortof round out Science for next year--2nd. I'm using state standards and building from there since I couldn't find a curriculum I really liked.

I'll definitely check out that online one! Thanks

If you want an easy workbook program with little to no experiments and aligns to state standards, I'd say you have a winner! They are colorful and decent intro into science. My experience was that it looked great, but when we started using it, not so much, but my goals for science were very different than what they program caters towards. Just to throw another option out there, have you looked at the Harcourt textbooks? You can pick one up for relatively cheap and they are written for the state standards. There's a bit more in them than you will find in Singapore's Earlybird program. Hope you find what fits :).