Menu

My 6yo accidentally saw p * rn

My kids wanted me to find some coloring sheets for them this morning. So for my 6yo, I searched google for fairy coloring sheets. I found a website with some cute ones, and with her looking over my shoulder I clicked on one of the thumbnails. A horrid page came up with an extremely graphic video. I gasped and slammed my laptop shut, but she saw. Thankfully, my 8yo wasn't paying attention. Her and I talked and prayed about it. She has seemed ok. I'm just so SAD. I hate that she has those images in her mind. If you're so inclined, I would appreciate prayers for her. I would love this experience to be completely erased from her mind.

Praying! I pray that this is wiped clean from her mind and that she won't dwell on it. I pray for wisdom and discernment for you to be able to deal with it and to see if there is anything more in your sweet girl.

I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you! This is a wake-up call for me. Sometimes on YouTube as we search for videos on various science or, heck, anything some things will come up that I object to like a woman's behind or something. :glare:

I know from experience and talking to counselors that a single of even a few instances of seeing inappropriate pictures rarely cause problems especially if they are calmly dealt with. It take repeated exposure to cause problems in most children. I am sorry this happened. I have had the same experience myself.

What is so extremely upsetting is that the website is intentionally set up as an ambush. It's not just that it came up on google, I don't let the kids stand behind me when I'm searching on google, even with strict safe search on. It's that the website is set up to look like it's full of children's coloring pages, and then when you click on one of them, you get assaulted with vile images. I went back to have another look because even though I know what I saw, there were several images on one page and I wanted to know what she may have seen. Those @ssh*les have the coloring page image down at the very bottom of the page. All google knows is that the image is there, it can't sort through all of the html code that is also attached to the page. I reported it.

As for us, I ordered several dover coloring books off of amazon. Free coloring pages aren't worth the risk.

I know from experience and talking to counselors that a single of even a few instances of seeing inappropriate pictures rarely cause problems especially if they are calmly dealt with. It take repeated exposure to cause problems in most children. I am sorry this happened. I have had the same experience myself.

That's good to hear. Thank you.

:iagree:It's disturbing, but the less you make out of it the better. She'll most likely forget it.

I'm sorry that happened. I remember when I was around 6 yrs old I saw p*rn for the first time and that image is still in my head. BUT and this is a big but... The way that I saw it was in a very secretive, come and see what my dad has, very hard core stuff.

My ds 7 and dd 9 were wallking to a friend's house the other day. Not far away just around the corner, walked it hundreds of times, etc... They came home and told me about a picture they saw lying in the road. IN THE ROAD! It was a magazine. I talked with them about it and I went and disposed of the magazine. They haven't said anything about it since and I can't sense any bad from it.

I think the difference in those two situations was how it was first looked at and how it was handled. I never told my parents because it was definitely something I knew was wrong but was looking at it anyway. My kids knew what they saw was wrong but they weren't sneaking looks and came to me right away.

Hopefully this made since and I think your dd will be fine. But I do understand your anger. I was so angry that this magazine was lying in the road for kids to see.

Kelly

What is so extremely upsetting is that the website is intentionally set up as an ambush. It's not just that it came up on google, I don't let the kids stand behind me when I'm searching on google, even with strict safe search on. It's that the website is set up to look like it's full of children's coloring pages, and then when you click on one of them, you get assaulted with vile images. I went back to have another look because even though I know what I saw, there were several images on one page and I wanted to know what she may have seen. Those @ssh*les have the coloring page image down at the very bottom of the page. All google knows is that the image is there, it can't sort through all of the html code that is also attached to the page. I reported it.

As for us, I ordered several dover coloring books off of amazon. Free coloring pages aren't worth the risk.

Is there some way to alert google or file a complaint????

That's sick.

You need a good internet filter. We use SafeEyes and have never had a problem - and we do a lot of surfing.

I agree with the filter. My son stumbled onto p&rn at around the same age. He knew that his favorite website was www.name of site.com and started noticing the pattern of web addresses. One day dh wasn't paying close attention and ds typed in www. bottom .com and yep, lots of p*rn came up. So as it did when he put other words like arm, but*, feet, and so on. It really made me angry so now we have a filter.

That makes me so angry, Shannon! The same thing happened to me when I was searching for 50s clothing styles one time. One ds saw a brief flash before I could get the screen closed. It made me want to strangle *those people*!!

What is nearly as maddening is when black studded bra woman in seductive pose shows up on youtube's home page when searching for Challenger shuttle videos. Infuriating.

:glare: