Menu

Laser vs. Ink

I used to have a laser printer that we found beside a dumpster (still in package...) it worked GREAT until the kids broke it. We bought toner once and printed tons of stuff!!!!

I estimated that it costs 5.7 cents per page for ink, compared to 3.5 cents per page for toner. Of course, this is by their standards... I print WAY more than 600 pages on my ink, so I bet I would print MORE than the 2,500 on the toner.

It prints incredibly fast! You also don't need to worry as much if you have enough to print a workbook.

But, OTOH, the printer is pretty pricey..

I couldn't go back to an inkjet after having a laser printer. Not only are the cartriges inexpensive but they print SOOOOO much more per cartridge and are a lot faster. I have a Brother DCP 7040. Toner is about 50 bucks but I only have to purchase it 2 a year. I print a lot and I do mean a lot!! Tonight alone I probably did close to 200 pages.

If you go with a Brother check out the reviews on Amazon. There is a little trick to making the toner last even longer. We did the trick and I think we got close to 3000 pages out of the last toner! :)

Laser printer= love

My husband says that our laser printer (current) is far more economical than our ink-jet (previous) printer.

With the ink-jet printer I was replacing the toner approximately every 3 months. It was costing me about $120 a year for re-furbished toner cartridges.

We got our laser printer used. It had toner cartridges in it, but they were flashing that they were out of toner. I continued to print with them for several more months (and I print a lot). The laser printer has 4 toner cartridges which cost me roughly $140 (if I remember correctly) to replace. I've been printing about a year on those cartridges and they still aren't saying that they are out of ink.

The laser printer also prints faster. Remarkably fast.

There's a place on the computer where we can see how many pages we've printed, but I don't know how to access it.