Menu

If we hated FLL, we will like....

mo2

FLL 1&2 didn't work for me (loved the idea, but it's just not my style) and I love Rod & Staff English.

Same with us. We switched from FLL to R&S in the middle of the school year. DD will finish R&S 2 this year and I already have level 3 for her to move into next year.

FLL 1&2 didn't work for me (loved the idea, but it's just not my style) and I love Rod & Staff English.

Same with us. We switched from FLL to R&S in the middle of the school year. DD will finish R&S 2 this year and I already have level 3 for her to move into next year.

:iagree: So far, so good. But then, ds and I like (and use) PLL, too :D

It was the scripting that didn't work for us. Neither R&S nor PLL have this.

I do think there is a big difference between FLL 1&2 and 3&4. People who didn't like one and are able to start 3 or 4 in 3rd and 4th grade and get through it as well as any other grammar program.

:iagree: This is why I asked because our experience has been that FLL 1&2 elicited tears and complaints, but dd loves FLL3 and always asks to do more :001_huh:. I'm glad that we stuck with the series.

We've been happy with Growing With Grammar. We had finished FLL1, and tried to get into FLL2, but were so burnt out. GWG has been something we both love!

:grouphug: I haven't seen you forever, so just sending love! :)

I move pretty fast through FLL1, so burn out hasn't been an issue for us. I just skip it if there seems to be too much repetition.

Yeah, we moved quickly through FLL1 too, like 4-5 lessons per day.

Good to see you too! :001_smile:

You've been hiding from us, Angela! So good to see you! I even emailed you because I was worried. LOL

I forgot about Growing With Grammar! My daughter has been using it. She started in 3rd grade, then switched to MCT for 4th. Now we're back to GWG for 5th. Shouldn't have switched... classic example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Ha!

I would ask why too.

If it is the scripting, or how repetitive it is, then feel free to shorten it and go off script a bit. I generally just looked at the daily goals. If it was noun/common nouns/proper nouns, I would then as them to define a noun, common noun and proper noun, then give me an example of a common and a proper noun. Done and we moved on for the day.

If it is that your children are not auditory learners then I would look at something more visual like Growing with Grammar.

Heather

Wow, I should have checked back before now! As to the whys: She is not an auditory learner. She is very, very visual. We need something with color, pictures, maybe stories and movement. Is there something like this? Maybe I should look at GWG and Shurley.

Wow, I should have checked back before now! As to the whys: She is not an auditory learner. She is very, very visual. We need something with color, pictures, maybe stories and movement. Is there something like this? Maybe I should look at GWG and Shurley.

Given the new info, I'd say Michael Clay Thompson more emphatically. FWIW, my (also very visual) son disliked GWG more than FLL when we switched to it for a few months. There's certainly no color or pictures.