Menu

What equipment, or supplies (not curriculum) are you planning on getting w/ tax retrn

On my list:

color laser multi-function printer... I have wanted one for years, crossing my fingers we can pull it off this year.

laminator, is also sitting there as a possibility.

Anything else I should be considering? What's on your list?

I'm buying the good art supplies, and loading up on ink for my printer. I don't have the money to buy the printer. If I could squeeze another $75 I would buy an HP laser multifunction printer.

If I bought two toners then I would get a gift card for $20 off (plus use a coupon for $25 off) then I would buy the printer that I want that is on sale for $299 - 50, then use a coupon for $50 off a printer, then use my $20 gift card...

Just thought I would let you know about a good deal going on at hp. lol

Other than that, there are no school things that I am buying other than curriculum.

I'm getting a whiteboard easel! We've had a wall one for ages, but I like to write stuff down wherever we're doing school and it's usually not in the same place! LOL

I'm getting more laminating pouches for the new laminator I bought myself at Christmas. Ink and a box of printing paper for the printer. Art supplies and any science stuff we'll need (won't know exact items until I get the curriculum!).

And then, the REST is going to curriculum! I'm hoping to buy what I need to finish out this year and ALL of next year at least. I'm trying to be sure we have what we need in case of financial hardship (which has been the norm for us for 3+ years now...)

Edited by 6packofun
add

If I bought two toners then I would get a gift card for $20 off (plus use a coupon for $25 off) then I would buy the printer that I want that is on sale for $299 - 50, then use a coupon for $50 off a printer, then use my $20 gift card...

Just thought I would let you know about a good deal going on at hp. lol

Hubby is HP certified, and a computer technician by trade. He wants to know where we can find these coupons and such for this deal.

I'm getting a whiteboard easel! We've had a wall one for ages, but I like to write stuff down wherever we're doing school and it's usually not in the same place! LOL

I'm getting more laminating pouches for the new laminator I bought myself at Christmas. Ink and a box of printing paper for the printer. Art supplies and any science stuff we'll need (won't know exact items until I get the curriculum!).

Ooooo, I'd really love a bigger whiteboard. I have the biggest I could buy at Wal-Mart, but I need one just slightly large.... maybe I should put it on my "list" ;)

What are laminating pouches?? Do they come with the laminator, or do I need to buy those extra??

Thanks... again :)

[quote}What are laminating pouches?? Do they come with the laminator, or do I need to buy those extra??

Thanks... again :)

I bought a laminator for a really great deal (slickdeals.net !) at Christmas and it uses laminating pouches where you put in the paper--up to 8.5x11--and it goes through the laminator to be heat sealed. You can buy smaller pouches, too, I'm pretty sure and send them through. The brand is Scotch/3M: http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-TL901-Thermal-Laminator-Roller/dp/B0010JEJPC

School related...so far I have a Kindle on my list. And as I was looking at my "Tax Refund Purchase List" I realized I have Kindle on there twice! LOL

I'm not buying a ton of curriculum but I know for sure I'll use the same english and math so I'm buying those and getting it out of the way.

Plus the AAS reading books.

Paying for scout camps.

And I might get the Living Memory book by Andrew A. Campbell.