Menu

Malaysia anyone?

Remember this thread?

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229065&highlight=International+Schools

Well, DH and I are going for it. We've sent in our applications. Our references are working on their forms. We're moving through all the surveys and questionnaires. And, we're getting our house ready to put on the market.

If it all comes together, I may get to hold Olivia this summer! :) :) :)

We're not "planning" yet, but hoping! Adopting a child, well we did that from Ukraine last year, but I won't say "No way!"

Oh, you said something about holding Olivia, so I thought you were planning to move there to adopt an Olivia. Silly me :D I guess Olivia is Heather's dd, I don't retain names very well.

Sounds exciting.

Oh, you said something about holding Olivia, so I thought you were planning to move there to adopt an Olivia. Silly me :D I guess Olivia is Heather's dd, I don't retain names very well.

Sounds exciting.

Natalie is the daughter that Heather adopted last year. She and her husband are planning to adopt another baby girl and name her Olivia. :D

Cindy, I really hope this works out for you and your family! I think it is a fantastic opportunity.

Dh and I would have moved to Tailand for a couple of years last year, but his siblings refuse to help with his mother which has kind of tied us down. So, I'm living vicariously through all of your expats!

Praying that it comes together.

Faith

Cindy, I really hope this works out for you and your family! I think it is a fantastic opportunity.

Dh and I would have moved to Tailand for a couple of years last year, but his siblings refuse to help with his mother which has kind of tied us down. So, I'm living vicariously through all of your expats!

Praying that it comes together.

Faith

I'm sorry, Faith. We have dear friends who were in Thailand for seven years. That's been a piece of our journey as well. Thanks for your prayers!!!

How exciting! I am happy for you, but jealous at the same time! We would love to live overseas and probably will when our kids are grown. We have to settle for short missions trips right now.

One of the key pieces for us is that this is the last opportunity that we will have to take all of our kids with us. The oldest two will delay college for a year or two to be part of the school community.

We're at a transition time in our lives now and see this as such an opportunity. We'd talked about doing something like this later in life, but we have an open window right now. We'll see if the Lord clears the way. Our house and vehicles need to sell. (Anyone want a really great house on 2+ acres of land in central VA?)

Congrats!! I'm really happy for you and your family.... and... well... sounds like a great place to add to the family, too!!! ;)

Yes, which is a bit baffling given how difficult it's traditionally been to adopt Malaysian children, and the comparatively small number of Malaysian adoptions. And now two here on this board in one year.

Astrid (buried in more snow, so anywhere warm and green sounds lovely to me!)

Remember this thread?

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229065&highlight=International+Schools

Well, DH and I are going for it. We've sent in our applications. Our references are working on their forms. We're moving through all the surveys and questionnaires. And, we're getting our house ready to put on the market.

OH! Lucky, lucky, lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously looked into it last year, and took a peek at it again this year...but it doesn't seem right for us to apply to right now. But oh, I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about how fun it would be for our family, given mine and dh's missions background (I visited Kiev once on a trip). Do tell us the outcome! What did you apply for?

We applied applied last year. It sounded like DH was in the top two candidates but he lost to someone with experience in a school setting. The kids were really disappointed.

I remember you talking about applying, and wondered what had happened.

Remember this thread?

I thought that might be in the works after reading one of your comments on Heather's thread about the potential adoption. I pray that you get the opportunity for another adventure of a lifetime.

One of the key pieces for us is that this is the last opportunity that we will have to take all of our kids with us. The oldest two will delay college for a year or two to be part of the school community.

We're at a transition time in our lives now and see this as such an opportunity. We'd talked about doing something like this later in life, but we have an open window right now. We'll see if the Lord clears the way. Our house and vehicles need to sell. (Anyone want a really great house on 2+ acres of land in central VA?)

When God closes one door another is opened. Let me know when your house is on the market. I might have a relative interested (depending on price) who is looking in that neck of the woods. Any other those cars 4WD? :D

Brigitte, email me and I'll be happy to give you the details. It would be great to pass our home on to someone who will love it as much as we have. It truly is a great house for a large-ish family who wants a little land (2 1/2) acres, but in a neighborhood.

The car is a 4WD stacked Toyota Rav4 - candy apple red. It's a great car. If we go, we'll also be selling a well-loved (used) 12 passenger Club Wagon (1998) and a Toyota Corolla (1996). Neither of these are 4WD :).

OH! Lucky, lucky, lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously looked into it last year, and took a peek at it again this year...but it doesn't seem right for us to apply to right now. But oh, I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about how fun it would be for our family, given mine and dh's missions background (I visited Kiev once on a trip). Do tell us the outcome! What did you apply for?

Dh has applied for two positions - Spiritual Life Director and Bible/Social Studies Teacher. I have applied for the Admissions Coordinator position.

The application is multi-tier and we are working on our questionnaires and surveys now. I will definitely let you all know when we know something.

Y'all are so sweet. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Ultimately we want our will to line up right with God's will, and trust that it ... well ... will, as we are in the Word, in prayer, and taking the next step of obedience. Which, for right now, is getting our house ready to sell, selling the Rav4, and taking moving ahead with the light that we have. We're trusting for that footlamp, baby, and for God to hold our feet steadily to His path. We don't need a floodlight; just a footlamp.