Menu

It figures (teA related)

I've posted before the teA is a bit of an issue for me...like the Grand Canyon is a small hole in the ground, lol. When my dh expressed some interest a few nights ago I told him to build a door at the end of the hallway leading to the dc's rooms.

Our house has a long tile hallway which creates a sound tunnel. This is very useful when I need to hear the dc or they are disobeying and think I can't hear them. It is not so useful when dh and I are having private conversations about our dc at night and they hear or for other private moments. ;) I was grabbing at anything I could to avoid the teA making process. In fact I was so desperate to avoid teA that I told dh I didn't want one door, I wanted two half doors that could close in together (like a bifold only each one hung separately, if that makes sense). With that qualification I figure teA wouldn't happen until 2012 (which would be just fine with me). Oh, and the doors couldn't cost more than $100. I was now set until 2013! Or so I thought...

Last night dh came in and said he was going out to pick up some doors he'd seen by a dumpster on his way home from work. When he came back he was all smiles. Turns out the doors were solid core, extremely high quality half doors that fit the hallway opening so perfectly they could be custom made. And they were free. :glare:

Should have told him I also wanted gold-plated doors or jewel inlays.

Thought this would give some of you a laugh. :D

It will be ok. You might even have fun.
Fun, to me, is running, watching a movie, cleaning my house, doing laundry. So many things to do, so many things I want to do, just one I don't want to do. :D

Oh, and I tried putting a picture out of when we were dating. I looked at it, looked in the mirror, and headed for my treadmill. Picture went back in the bottom dresser drawer, lol. Plus it made me annoyed because dh hasn't changed one.single.bit in almost 20 years that I can see. hmph :glare:

There must have been a "higher power" on his side...;)
Yes, dh did point out that God has often provided things for me/us in ways like this. I confess I told him (lovingly) to shut up. :)

I've posted before the teA is a bit of an issue for me...like the Grand Canyon is a small hole in the ground, lol. When my dh expressed some interest a few nights ago I told him to build a door at the end of the hallway leading to the dc's rooms.

Our house has a long tile hallway which creates a sound tunnel. This is very useful when I need to hear the dc or they are disobeying and think I can't hear them. It is not so useful when dh and I are having private conversations about our dc at night and they hear or for other private moments. ;) I was grabbing at anything I could to avoid the teA making process. In fact I was so desperate to avoid teA that I told dh I didn't want one door, I wanted two half doors that could close in together (like a bifold only each one hung separately, if that makes sense). With that qualification I figure teA wouldn't happen until 2012 (which would be just fine with me). Oh, and the doors couldn't cost more than $100. I was now set until 2013! Or so I thought...

Last night dh came in and said he was going out to pick up some doors he'd seen by a dumpster on his way home from work. When he came back he was all smiles. Turns out the doors were solid core, extremely high quality half doors that fit the hallway opening so perfectly they could be custom made. And they were free. :glare:

Well, I am a big believer in things happening for a reason and signs. I would take that as a sign that says you need to figure out how to bring teA back into your life. ;)

Turns out the doors were solid core, extremely high quality half doors that fit the hallway opening so perfectly they could be custom made. And they were free. :glare:

Have fun picking a color...how about white facing out and deep purple facing in.:D

/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you sure your dh hasn't been asking sort of online men's group for prayers about this sort of thing? ;)

Hey, it seems to work for us here, and it sure seems like he got a little help from somewhere...:Angel_anim::Angel_anim::Angel_anim:

Cat