Menu

sometimes Facebook sucks....

It was recently discovered that my Grandma has a tumor in her lung. She had a CT that showed no other tumors/cancer so we have been rejoicing. Well, she had an appt today and I find out through a post by my uncle on Facebook that it is inoperable and she is dying. Not really the way I wanted to find out about it,kwim? no point to this, just needed to get it out...:crying:

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

I can totally relate about Facebook. Last week I found out through FB (my sister's post) that my dad had an operation to remove a cancerous mass from his eye.

I know we're not an especially close family, but, sheesh. I thought we were closer than that. :sad:

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.:grouphug:

I don't understand why anyone would put such personal information about another person on the internet like that.

Well, I can totally understand sending out the information in that way. When the person who has to spread the bad news has to say it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again there comes a point when it is just beyond soul-crushing and you wish that everybody knew already, but you didn't have to be the one to tell it, kwim?

OP, I'm very sorry about your grandmother and that the way you got the news was so upsetting for you. :grouphug: