Menu

Has anyone starting planning next year already??

I feel so out of it... rushed even. We started late, so I bought 1/2 our curriculum (the core stuff) this last fall. I just bought the rest, and then at the end of this month I will start working on the stuff I need for the following year. The plan is when we get our tax return to buy all of our curriculum up front for next year, so we are prepared- not like this year. Then each year I will do the same.

Is anyone else in this boat??

Yep. We'll be continuing Singapore for math, using Latin Prep, Greek for Children, WWE3 into 4 with Kilgallon for writing, GWG5, Spelling Power, continue using shepphardsoftware.com for mapwork, SOTW 3 and 4, and Drama of American History for American History.

I am busy creating my own science program using the Core Knowledge information and Singapore science standards.

Not too much to buy overall (thank goodness!): Greek, Latin Prep, Singapore 4A and 4B, GWG5.

For my younger, he'll be starting Singapore 2A and GWG 1 so I will need to buy that!

Yes, and I have started to buy stuff. I try to buy used when I can and it makes sense. As for art supplies and such, I am slowly working my way towards them with the Michael's and A.C. Moore coupons that come out each week. A.C. Moore puts a link on their website, so you can use a coupon a day (at least at my local store), which I do when the 50% coupon is out, like this week. This way I am also doing it, I am not making a huge lump purchase on art supplies and such, so it works into the budget a bit easier. That is what works for us though.

We're going to a homeschool convention at the end of February, so I am starting to think of what I want to use next year. I want to get it written down, with prices, so I can look at it at the convention and buy it there if it's cheaper. Also, I think that if I have plans for next year (or even the books already in hand), then hopefully it will spur me on to finish this year's stuff on time! ;) That's the theory.

Yes, and I have started to buy stuff. I try to buy used when I can and it makes sense. As for art supplies and such, I am slowly working my way towards them with the Michael's and A.C. Moore coupons that come out each week. A.C. Moore puts a link on their website, so you can use a coupon a day (at least at my local store), which I do when the 50% coupon is out, like this week. This way I am also doing it, I am not making a huge lump purchase on art supplies and such, so it works into the budget a bit easier. That is what works for us though.

I have basic supplies you'd buy for PS. But we really only do art when it correlates to something in Science or History. How do you do it?? And tis is for the Elementary aged kids :)

I always buy next year's curriculum with the money from our income tax. Except for Latin, I know everything that we'll be using planned already. Our homeschool convention is in June and I hope to have everything purchased by then, with the exception of the things that are cheaper at the convention, like Horizons...or items I need from Rainbow Resource.

The plan is when we get our tax return to buy all of our curriculum up front for next year, so we are prepared- not like this year. Then each year I will do the same. /QUOTE]

This is my plan also. I do have our Bible/History/Science for the next 1 1/2 yr. That is bought, done! I need to get enough CLE math, R&S spelling, and maybe a couple of duplicate History/Science and I think we will be set for the next 1 1/2 yrs. I have the ILL and From the Roots Up that MFW recommends and I also have Typing Instructor that we will be working in as soon as I get the time to go through it a bit.

The plan is when we get our tax return to buy all of our curriculum up front for next year, so we are prepared- not like this year. Then each year I will do the same. /QUOTE]

This is my plan also. I do have our Bible/History/Science for the next 1 1/2 yr. That is bought, done! I need to get enough CLE math, R&S spelling, and maybe a couple of duplicate History/Science and I think we will be set for the next 1 1/2 yrs. I have the ILL and From the Roots Up that MFW recommends and I also have Typing Instructor that we will be working in as soon as I get the time to go through it a bit.

Thank you for reminding me to add typing in :)