Menu

Does R+S English get too redundant/repetitive if you teach it every year?

HappyGrace

I wanted to do CLE LA with ds7 so we could do one thing all the way through and have it be spiral but it is way too choppy; jumps around.

Dd is using R+S English and we like it; not as teacher intensive as I thought, so now I'm thinking about it for ds for 3rd grade and up, but wonder if it gets boring/repetitive doing it each year?

:lurk5:

I'm doing R&S 2 this year, and it's fine, but I'm already getting kind of "Eh... I don't know if I want to do this again EVERY year...", so we're going to try FLL2 next year (we did R&S 2 a year early, are doing it orally, and it's been pretty easy so far). It looks like FLL throws in some poetry and such, which I am unlikely to do on my own. :tongue_smilie:

If we don't like FLL, we'll probably come back to R&S 3 in third grade. That's the nice thing about having started the series early. I get a free year to try something else without getting out of the sequence! :lol:

I wanted to do CLE LA with ds7 so we could do one thing all the way through and have it be spiral but it is way too choppy; jumps around.

Dd is using R+S English and we like it; not as teacher intensive as I thought, so now I'm thinking about it for ds for 3rd grade and up, but wonder if it gets boring/repetitive doing it each year?

We're not finding it overly boring/repetitive...but we use Saxon math and love it, so your milage may vary. :D