Menu

Question about MFW - Exploration to 1850.

Guest momk2000

Guest momk2000

I plan to do the MFW History cycle with my girls. Does Exploration to 1850 include the same book basket list and activities for grade 2-3 as Adventures? I had used Adventures with my oldest and loved the book basket books, but I sold it when we were done with it. Now I wish I had kept the TM. At the time, I was so undecided as to what we would be doing in the future, so I sold it to buy other needed curriculum.

We will be doing CTG next year, but in looking ahead, I'm wondering if I should have kept the TM for Adv. and if it would be worth buying again in the future.

but Ex- 1850 includes higher level selections as well. I only know this as one of my good friends was using Adventures the same time I was doing Ex-1850. They start at the same point, but Adv moves much more quickly through the material and stays in America for the most part whereas Ex-1850 is much slower and more thorough, covering world history through the period. I think we only stayed together for the first 6 weeks or so. HTH.

I haven't checked them book-for-book (I could if you're desperate :) ), but EX1850 has a symbol (square?) next to books for younger kids. This is mostly for the state studies. I would assume they are basically the ADV books.

The EX1850 manual also includes lots of activities that I hear about from Adventures users -- making boats out of tinfoil, writing the president, making Johnnycake.

I'm thinking that the only thing you might not get from ADV would be the names of Jesus study for Bible. But the study of the book of James in EX1850 is good, and the books used for Bible in 1850MOD include one by Patricia St. John and another by a similar author -- wonderful stuff.

Julie