Menu

I just got a REALLY nice email

from an editor, & I want someone to gush to, & my mom left her cell phone at home. Yeah, there's dh, but apparently that's not enough. Now I want someone else. :D

So I have an article coming out...in a few months, I don't remember exactly when, & I'm so excited & passionate about it. It's the first thing I've gotten to write (for publication) that is really...*really* who I am, if that makes sense. I enjoy writing anything, really, but my first article was about decorating on a budget. This one's a long way from that.

I turned it in last month, & I was getting nervous that I hadn't heard back. Maybe they saw what I wrote, choked, & changed their minds. Maybe all sorts of things.

But instead? The nicest email I've ever gotten about my writing. Ever. I'm glowing, which I find pretty embarrassing in person, & one of the things I like about this online relationship I have w/ you guys is that I can hide a glow if I want to, lol. I'm feeling too bright & floaty to hide it, though, so there it is. Somebody liked my writing a lot, & I liked that they said so. :lol:

:svengo:

from an editor, & I want someone to gush to, & my mom left her cell phone at home. Yeah, there's dh, but apparently that's not enough. Now I want someone else. :D

So I have an article coming out...in a few months, I don't remember exactly when, & I'm so excited & passionate about it. It's the first thing I've gotten to write (for publication) that is really...*really* who I am, if that makes sense. I enjoy writing anything, really, but my first article was about decorating on a budget. This one's a long way from that.

I turned it in last month, & I was getting nervous that I hadn't heard back. Maybe they saw what I wrote, choked, & changed their minds. Maybe all sorts of things.

But instead? The nicest email I've ever gotten about my writing. Ever. I'm glowing, which I find pretty embarrassing in person, & one of the things I like about this online relationship I have w/ you guys is that I can hide a glow if I want to, lol. I'm feeling too bright & floaty to hide it, though, so there it is. Somebody liked my writing a lot, & I liked that they said so. :lol:

:svengo:

That's cool. It is nice when you have some outside validation that your writing has touched a chord.