Menu

Grayson or Greyson for a boy

Ok, silly.... but... where are you? Is the color/colour :) spelled Gray or Grey?? I tend to like Greyson best. Either way, I think he'll continually be spelling his name. I can think of a few ways I would wonder about. I'd think for the first part... Grey, Gray, or Gra.... and then the secon... son, sen or syn.

so... there could be quite the mixture :) I actually really like the the name, though!!

Of course.... I LOVE the name Chandler too!! It's very nice :) Chandler.... Now.... I'm sure there are deviations, but I can't think of any :)

Have fun!! Names are just.... fun.....

Guest Dulcimeramy

I like it spelled either way, but I agree with elegantlion and Lolly:

Grayson Chandler Collins

looks better than

Greyson Chandler Collins

Well, the only Grayson I know is a transvestite artist. I suspect that I wouldn't give it to a child in the UK. Is he known in the US?

Laura

Wow, looked him up. Sad. :( Maybe others have heard of him... not me :( :glare: Wouldn't want people to think of him, when thinking about my son. Wonder if I'm the only one who didn't know about him??

Chandler is a cool name :)

But, hopefully no one else has heard of him...

:)

If I had to pick I'd choose Grayson, but when I hear the name all I think of is the former FL congressman (Alan Grayson) who made some pretty horrible commercial about his opponent Dan Webster, calling Webster "taliban dan" and using some parts of a speech Webster made that took them so far out of context it was unbelievable.

I don't remember if you listed where you are, but if you're near the 8th district of FL, I might stay away from the name.

We named DD 10 months Graceyn. When we told the ped who checked her out in the hospital what her name was, he had not read her tag apparently because he undid her diaper and said. "She's a girl?!"

We tried really hard not to laugh as we answered, "yes". He had assumed by her name that she was a boy and apparently was very shocked to find otherwise:)

ETA: I prefer Grayson spelling wise for a boy, although to be honest it always sounded feminine to me.

Edited by indigomama
to answer question

Wouldn't want people to think of him, when thinking about my son.

I don't have anything against transvestites, and in fact have great admiration for Eddie Izzard, but I think that one should not hand children a name which might cause trouble. I wouldn't (in the UK) call a child Grayson, just as I wouldn't call a child Peaches Honeyblossom or Fifi Trixibelle.

Now, my eldest son (who has a very ordinary name IRL) has decided, despite probably being straight, to object to homophobia amongst his peers at school. He's picked that battle and stands up for himself. I wouldn't want to have forced a battle on him by name choice.

Best wishes with your naming,

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

I don't have anything against transvestites, and in fact have great admiration for Eddie Izzard, but I think that one should not hand children a name which might cause trouble. I wouldn't (in the UK) call a child Grayson, just as I wouldn't call a child Peaches Honeyblossom or Fifi Trixibelle.

Now, my eldest son (who has a very ordinary name IRL) has decided, despite probably being straight, to object to homophobia amongst his peers at school. He's picked that battle and stands up for himself. I wouldn't want to have forced a battle on him by name choice.

Best wishes with your naming,

Laura

Actually, I did go back and see the article. This is what I read...

"Perry's vases have classical forms and are decorated in bright colours, depicting subjects at odds with their attractive appearance, e.g. child abuse and sado-masochism" And so... no... I wouldn't want people to think of him... while thinking of my son. Perhaps I was misunderstanding this quote..

Well, I read about him and it actually wasn't homophobia. I read the the link you sent... anyway... late... so I'm not going to go back to see all they said about him. We have our own fame in the small town I live in. Our guy owns the theatre and also is the Mayor. Believe it or not... I think he's a really nice guy. I chat with him when he rides by my house... have nice conversations with him at the theatre... and consider that he's an incredibly intelligent person... Now... as Mayor... he has ticked off some of the council... but that's another story :)

Edited by NayfiesMama
What's another couple minutes to find what I saw as disturbing...