Menu

Children's Thesaurus

Edwena

I am actually just about to buy a Thesaurus. I found a thread on this forum where several people really liked this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Synonym-Finder-J-I-Rodale/dp/0446370290/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296173427&sr=1-1

:iagree: That's the one I was going to recommend.

I don't think you need a children's thesaurus. Most of them are lovely to look at with colors and nice pictures, but do not have all of the words that you may look up. We have just used the ones that I have had from college, including Roget's and the one mentioned above. By the time your child is regularly using a thesaurus they are usually reading well enough to find what they need in a standard thesaurus and it is a good learning exercise.

We have looked at several children's thesaurus (what's the plural? I'll have to look that up!) at the library, when I was trying to decide if I should buy anything else. So maybe that is an option for you. They will be in the children's reference section and you can't check them out of course, but it may help in your decision. :)