Menu

Please pray for my family

It is so hard to write this after holding out much hope for the past year, but we found out today that my precious nephew (cancer survivor) will likely never walk among other bad things I can't bring myself to discuss. I don't even know what kind of prayer to ask for other than a miracle. So many terrible things have struck our family over the past several years that I really feel abandoned by God. I used to think I was a strong person, and I am so levelled by the things that have happened to my husband, to our precious nephew, to my mom....

It's not my nature to share things with people, and I hope I am not dumping on you kind ladies here but we could really use prayer. I have managed to be strong for others for most of my life and am now so beaten down I don't know what to do. Please ask God that I can be strong for my brother. He needs me more than ever right now, and I adore him and his precious little boy. My husband also needs me more than ever right now, and I don't want to fail him. My highest ethic has always been to honor and be strong for my family, but I am faltering. Please pray that I can be what they need.

It's so hard to be the source of hope for these two men whom I adore when I feel so hopeless. I feel like a liar and a fraud because I cannot honestly say to them that I believe God cares. I cannot even bring myself to attend church for my feeling that it would be hypocritical.

Last summer I envisioned this beautiful little boy walking and running around our backyard with all of the other children. I guess it was just my stupid attempt to believe something good could come from all of the horror of his first eight months of life which were spent trying to save him and to restore him. He little body has endured so much. Where is the mercy?

:grouphug:

There have been times over this past year when I've felt that I've been hanging on by a tether connected to a space capsule, floating along out in the darkness, barely hanging on. The darkness is cold and empty and I've cried out to God for help to pull me in. Some days are worse than others, but know that in some way I have only a part of understanding about how you may feel. Hugs to you today and prayers also.

Will pray. I know how hard it is to trust Him when you pray for things that don't come to pass, especially for healing for a child. I have one in heaven myself. Please don't abandon God. He can be YOUR strength so you can be strong for the men you adore. Cry out, scream, yell, be angry! He can take it, He will listen, and He understands that we are only human. Hugs and prayers as you go through these extremely difficult times.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Please don't ever think you can't come here and ask for prayers -- we're here for you!

I'll pray for the miracle your nephew needs, as well as for you and the rest of your family.

But really, if you need to ask for prayers, or talk, or just vent when things get unbearable, please don't hesitate to post. :grouphug:

Cat

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry for all the pain your family is going through right now. Please PLEASE come here for prayers and support. I do not post here often and the times I have I've asked for prayer as well. Prayer does not always change our situation but it does help us to get through it.

Dawn

:grouphug:

Praying for you and your family. I have a son with autism and have struggled with sadness and disappointment. I have gained strength and comfort in believing that God has a good plan, even if it is not obvious to me at this time. I pray that in time you will find such comfort, too.

Adrianne in IL