Menu

Congressman sues House of Rep. cafeteria due to olive pit injury

Sounds like he went and got all the dental work done he could and now wants to chalk it up to the pit. I've bit into a pit pretty hard (not knowing it was there) and you don't sustain that much damage.

That is what I was thinking. Not unless one already has bad teeth to begin with.

Dennis Kucinich wants $150,000 in compensation for the injury.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/01/26/33625.htm

Every jar of pitted olives I've seen has a disclaimer that pits might remain. I guess they need a disclaimer on the sandwich. ;)

On the other hand, I've never seen a sandwich described as having "pitted olives"- you just kind of take that for granted. We live in a dangerous world! potential injury awaits everywhere, even in your sandwich.

$150,000??? Wow. I really missed the boat.

Now, I've had extensive restorative work done... extensive. In fact, it was done wrong the first time and had to be taken out. All the work I've had done is still less than 1/3 that amount. And believe me, there was definite pain and suffering, but it just didn't occur to me to sue someone for over 30,000x the cost of a procedure!

And I bet he is one complaining about the high cost of healthcare (don't get me wrong, I complain too... but then, I don't go out of my way to make it more expensive for myself and everyone else to boot!)

Wow, this gives me such hope!!! When I was a child I knocked out my two front teeth by slipping on our concrete front porch. I never thought of suing my parents, or better yet!!!! the people who originally poured the concrete porch some 40 years ago. There wasn't even a warning label on it!!! My teeth need to be recapped and *I* have had such pain and suffering, the suffering of never wanting to smile. Perhaps I can retroactively go back and sue all interested parties.

Thanks, congressman, for leading by example. :thumbup:

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie: :tongue_smilie:

:confused: Good grief!!!

Now not only will our take out coffee have a warning that it may be hot, but out sandwiches will have little flags in them warning of potential injury and to consult with your dentist before biting into the sandwich. Uh oh - those flags might be dangerous for children. Maybe they'll need to ask for photo id to avoid selling them to minors.

Wow, this gives me such hope!!! When I was a child I knocked out my two front teeth by slipping on our concrete front porch. I never thought of suing my parents, or better yet!!!! the people who originally poured the concrete porch some 40 years ago. There wasn't even a warning label on it!!! My teeth need to be recapped and *I* have had such pain and suffering, the suffering of never wanting to smile. Perhaps I can retroactively go back and sue all interested parties.

Let me know how much you get out of them.

Your parents shouldn't get away with this! Teach them a valuable lesson they'll never forget! Sue them till it hurts!!! ;)

Cat

I chipped a front tooth years ago when a fan fell from my apartment ceiling as I was changing the lightbulb. Thankfully, the only injury was the tooth. The apartment complex did give me $100 bucks for my pain and suffering. :)

This guy has always rubbed me the wrong way, anyway. I'm not a bit surprised. Why he keeps getting re-elected, I'll never understand.

Ahh that is nothing...greed, arrogance, hypocrisy the normal stuff. Fairly typical fare from that particular individual.

If you want to be embarassed do so because of this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guam+capsize+congressman&aq=1

:lol::lol::lol: I lived there and that is hysterical! (of course there were crazy governmental stuff that happened there also...want a car sticker, just bring a case of beer instead of money and add it to the stack inside the door; they need the beer for the next fiesta!)

According to this article, he did go through quite an ordeal over this pit. It was much more than just a tooth. Also, the olive was in a wrap sandwich. I know I would not be expecting a pit in a sandwich as well. I would have thought the olives were checked prior to placing in a wrap sandwich IMHO so I can see how this happened to him. I am not big on law suits but sometimes they are warranted. As for the amount, he may have easily racked up that much in medical bills from the description of the story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110128/ap_on_re_us/us_kucinich_lawsuit;_ylt=AsEBhavuzwABm1wXWUBc2qes0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNubzNmc3Z1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMTI4L3VzX2t1Y2luaWNoX2xhd3N1aXQEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM5BHBvcwM2BHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDb2hpb3NrdWNpbmlj

Edited by priscilla