Menu

Story of Science: Einstein Adds a New Dimension

missmoe

Does anyone know when the student quest and teacher quest are supposed to come out for this book in the series?

I had planned to use it next year to complete the series, but low and behold when going to place my order I can't find it anywhere. I'm assuming that support materials will be available for this last book, but I can't seem to find the info about it.

Thanks in advance.

AngelBee,

I didn't realize it either! Until I went to order it and could find it no where!

Reading casually---not something I think my girls will do. And we are using it as our science, so I like the extra memorization, experiments, and testing the quests add.

Thanks.

Momling,

In a word, yes they are great! I guess it depends on what you want to use the books for. If you want a true history of science course, I don't think the quest guides will add a bunch to your study. If you want to use the books for a full science program and you, yourself, do not have a strong science background, the quest add alot. I have been meaning to write a review of the quest guides for quite a while and just haven't done so. Perhaps, I will work on that today. I'll post back here with a link when I do have that up.

Wendy,

I have used it as my whole science. This is our second year using it. The first one was doable in a year. Newton at the Center is longer and I feel rushed trying to complete it in a year. So, I'm slowing down and we'll most likely spend a year and a half on it. Newton Leads the Way is a solid 7th-8th grade course. Aristotle Leads the Way seemed to vary to me. Some of it seemed really easy for a middle schooler and some of it was a bit too much. But either way, these are solid middle school age texts. I would even say that with some tweeking they could be used for high school.