Menu

What is your favorite book about homeschooling?

One of the first books I read was Sally Clarkson's Educating the Wholehearted Child. It really helped me shift my thinking from school at home to a learning lifestyle. I also enjoyed reading (and trying to glean as much as I could from) Homeschooling for Excellence by the Colfaxes. An oldie, but early favorite.

Lisa

This might sound dorky, but I really like Cathy Duffy's Top 100 Homeschool Curriculum Picks. I wish she would come out with an updated version. :D

Also, the Rainbow Resource catalog is good reading in the car while you're waiting for your kids to get out of co-op classes. :glare:

I just finished re-reading TWTM this afternoon (skimming through the section on high school, as usual).

Homeschooling, A Patchwork of Days -- shows a variety of different families and how homeschooling proceeds in their homes.

And the Skylark Sings with Me -- A lovely book demonstrating a 'thinking outside the box' type of homeschooled education.

Family Matters -- by the author of Snow Falling on Cedars. This is a beautifully written book, almost like a series of essays more so than a unified book, looking at homeschooling from many angles. Highly recommended.

Charlotte Mason Companion

Love this. But I do feel that it was more applicable when my dc were younger. I'll always love this book and its approach.

This might sound dorky, but I really like Cathy Duffy's Top 100 Homeschool Curriculum Picks. I wish she would come out with an updated version. :D

Also, the Rainbow Resource catalog is good reading in the car while you're waiting for your kids to get out of co-op classes. :glare:

I just finished re-reading TWTM this afternoon (skimming through the section on high school, as usual).

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

on all counts. I also often read the RR catalog when waiting for my dc somewhere.

Need to return to this thread to get more ideas. :)