Menu

Wanna see a little sneak peek at my first ever bridal portraits?

I am so excited!! I can't share these on facebook because we don't want the groom or friends/family to see them, and the wedding isn't until March. But I have to show somebody!!!

Go here: http://nensley.photobiz.com/viewing/

Go to page 2 and click on Gibson. The password is 31211.

Let me know what you think! She loves them so far! I have a ton more to do, but this is a little sneak peek. :)

Thanks everyone!

Very nice.

How about sometimes have her look away from the camera, out into the distance?

Don't worry; I have a ton more! Lots of her not looking at the camera, silly faces, serious faces, back shots, full on front shots, shoe shots, etc etc etc. :D

You did a great job!!! I know it's hard with the white dress and the white snow behind her. You did a good job on not blowing the dress out. I've never done bridals but I did my first ever wedding in December. I thought I was going to pass out before it began....I was SO nervous LOL!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I have to admit I am pretty proud of them!!

Very, VERY nice Nakia!!!!

Come show them off on PYF ;)

I'm scared, Kristin. LOL! I have shared pics on other photography sites, and I have gotten my feelings hurt. I think I will go for it anyway though.

Beautiful bride! Beautiful photos!

How on earth did she keep from getting goosebumps and shivering? I would have never been able to do the shoot as a bride! I like my comfort too much! Now the ones in the coat--yeah, I could have done those!

OMG!!! It was freezing!!!!! We kept jumping back in the car to warm up. Her poor hands were blue at times. But she was determined to get her pics done in the snow! She was a great sport!

You did a great job!!! I know it's hard with the white dress and the white snow behind her. You did a good job on not blowing the dress out. I've never done bridals but I did my first ever wedding in December. I thought I was going to pass out before it began....I was SO nervous LOL!

Well, with her dress being ivory, I think that helped. And I know I blew out the sky on several, but I had to expose for her face, and I couldn't use my polarizing filter for obvious reasons. I learned a lot, and I think I will want to do bridals again in the future. I did one wedding last August. It was actually MamaT's son's wedding, and I know what you mean! I was so dang nervous!! Of course, they were totally laid back and super easy and fun to work with, but I was still a wreck. :)

you truly are gifted, Nakia! They are BEAUTIFUL pictures, and she's a STUNNING bride!!!!!

May I ask....... did you take any classes in photography?

SUPERB job!!!

Thank you. Yes, she is absolutely stunning. She was very easy to photograph!!

No, I've never taken any photography classes. I have just read books and lots of tutorials online. I think the best thing has been just getting to know my camera and shooting all the time. I take pics every single day.

You guys have me strutting around like a peacock, lol!

No, I didn't use a reflector. Just my Nikon D200 and 50mm prime lens. :)

Very nicely done. Did you meter her face and go with that, or did you use one of the camera's settings?

Nikons rule. :D

Okay, I think all of you need to make a trip to NC so I can photograph your families!!!!

Very nicely done. Did you meter her face and go with that, or did you use one of the camera's settings?

Nikons rule. :D

I always shoot in manual, and yes, I spot metered for her face. I blew out the sky on several of the really snowy ones, but I couldn't get around it.

Thanks!! And yes, I LOVE Nikons!!! I would like to upgrade, but I can't afford the next step up...yet. :D I am also in the market for a new lens.

Don't worry; I have a ton more! Lots of her not looking at the camera, silly faces, serious faces, back shots, full on front shots, shoe shots, etc etc etc. :D

One of my favorite photos from my wedding is from when I took my heels off and was sitting on a pew with my feet stretched out (we were doing pics before the wedding and my feet were already tired). The photographer noticed and had me adjust my pose just a smidge, and took a picture. There were lots of stained glass windows behind me and photo turned out really well.

Girls, please please please pray for me. This girl is absolutely turning out to be a nightmare. I have been in tears over this, and there is not end in sight. I am half tempted to tell her to go fly a kite; that's how bad it has gotten. I have spent over 7 hours on this, and nowhere near finished. And let me just say I could go flip burgers for more than I have made so far. She has only paid the session fee. She cannot be happy with anything.

Dear Lord, please give me the grace I need to make it through this and the wisdom to NEVER ever do anything that has anything to do with a bride again. Amen.

Girls, please please please pray for me. This girl is absolutely turning out to be a nightmare. I have been in tears over this, and there is not end in sight. I am half tempted to tell her to go fly a kite; that's how bad it has gotten. I have spent over 7 hours on this, and nowhere near finished. And let me just say I could go flip burgers for more than I have made so far. She has only paid the session fee. She cannot be happy with anything.

Dear Lord, please give me the grace I need to make it through this and the wisdom to NEVER ever do anything that has anything to do with a bride again. Amen.

What is she wanting you to change? Now I know why photographers charge so much for bridal packages....my hairdresser just told me she is paying over $2000 for her dd's wedding shoot (includes some pics but :001_huh: that seems like a lot to me.!

What is she wanting you to change? Now I know why photographers charge so much for bridal packages....my hairdresser just told me she is paying over $2000 for her dd's wedding shoot (includes some pics but :001_huh: that seems like a lot to me.!

TONS of edits, TONS of pics emailed to her (without paying), TONS of time in consultations, etc. I now know, too, why wedding photographers charge so much. And I know why bridal photographers charge so much. I did this as sort of a favor for a friend (who is a friend of this bride). I am getting paid, but not much until she orders her prints. When it's all said and done, unless she orders hundreds of dollars in prints, I will still not be making much at all, and I'm taking tons of time away from my family. I spent over three hours with her this weekend. And I will NEVER do anything to do with a wedding again. I was spoiled by MamaT's family, who was so sweet, when I shot her son's wedding. I LOVE photography, and I'm pretty proud of these photos. But honestly, this is not worth the hassle.

And she asked me to do an hour of pre-wedding "getting ready" shots. I said yes, but that was before all of this and before I even did the bridals. DUMB MOVE! We haven't signed a contract, but the wedding is March 12th, so I know I really can't bail on her. I don't want to leave her in a bind. She has a wedding photographer who charges thousands of dollars, but she doesn't want to pay him for a 2nd shooter because she thinks I will be cheaper. Might have to change her mind about that. ;)

I'm sad about all of the stress this is causing me. My eye is twitching, and my head hurts. We haven't done school today because I'm editing...again. So now I'm up to about 9 hours on this. :banghead::banghead::banghead: