Menu

Complete the sentence: About Success homeschooling, what to avoid, favorite memory

I thought this might be a great thread. Can you complete these sentence and explain: :bigear:

1. The Key to successful homeschooling is.....

2. I would avoid...... at all cost.

3. Curriculum and books that were/are essential for my success and sanity were/are....

4. My favorite memory of homeschooling was when.....

5. .......curriculum gave me nightmares. LOL!

Just thought this would be a fun/interesting exercise.

cabreban:)

I'll give it a shot!

1. The Key to successful homeschooling is..... having a plan yet being flexible. Your child's choices and the opportunities that arise along the way can be totally unanticipated when you're planning ninth grade.

2. I would avoid......making the same mistakes again at all cost. I'm sure I could find all manner of new and exciting mistakes to make if I were to homeschool another child.

3. Curriculum and books that were/are essential for my success and sanity were/are....found in the public library and/or were things that I learned about by reading this and other homeschooling boards. Other homeschoolers (many of whom I found here) were a big part of my homeschooling support system.

4. My favorite memory of homeschooling was when..... I saw that it had been successful. My child is now thriving at college. (I'll have to admit that it was rewarding when she mentioned over the holidays that I was right to have her take that research paper writing class at the community college. This may have been only the second time in her recorded history that I was right!)

5. I don't recall anything about.......curriculum that gave me nightmares; however, I had more than one interesting dream about making a transcript and writing a counselor letter!

Regards,

Kareni

1. One Key to successful homeschooling is.....maintaining a balance between academics, and extracurriculars

Another Key to successful homeschooling is...realizing that spiritual growth can occur because of high academic standards, but spiritual growth can also be overshadowed by those standards.

A third key to successful homeschooling is... remembering that practical skills, life skills, interactions with varied age groups, pursuit of passions, and a willingness to do physical labor will be necessary for the rest of your child's life. Don't make those things challenging by ignoring them for the sake of rigorous academics.

2. I would avoid...... overscheduling at all cost.

3. Curriculum and books that were/are essential for my success and sanity were/are....no curriculum was essential to my sanity. Our co-op was essential to us in maintaining a high academic standard, freeing my hands to focus on one subject, teaching my dc to learn from another teacher, teaching my dc to meet deadlines, teaching my dc to organize themselves, and making homeschooling fun.

4. My favorite memory of homeschooling was when.....I sent my dds to college and knew that I had not missed a moment of their precious childhood.

5.Nothing..... gave me nightmares. LOL! but several things were either disappointing, annoying, or just didn't take our homeschool in the direction I wanted to go: LLATL, Saxon math, Simply Grammar,multitudes of elementary science programs (I started a recent thread on this), LfC, Artes Latinae, Writing Strands, Rosetta Stone

Edited by Leanna
trying to fix color problems