Menu

Somebody give me a kick in the pants...

Ever since our winter break (all of December) I have had the hardest time getting back into school. I can't get my brain to focus on anything and I feel like I'm all over the place. I made some big changes for one of my dd but I don't have any solid plan laid out so each day I'm kind of just winging it, which she doesn't mind because that's how she rolls, but its driving me nuts. Then I also decided to mix up my younger dd's lessons by trying to integrate all of her skills subjects into the study of a content subject so I'm trying to get that written out. I also bought a few things that I'm trying to incorporate with ds4 but I just never seem to have the time to sit down with him and do them. Of coarse, then there is the 2yo. I swear everyday she wakes up with the intention of derailing my day!

Then it snowed again today. I actually had gotten up on time and had everything laid out and had breakfast ready when they came downstairs. They immediately started begging to play in the snow...I didn't even realize it had snowed. I didn't even try to convince them to do some school; I just put all the books away and let them go.

I need to get off of here and get some plans written out but I just feel so blah about it. I mean I'm excited to be doing something different but I just can't seem to get it all straight on paper. Everytime I lay everything out to start planning something comes up every 2 minutes and I give up in frustration. Not to mention all of the other things I need to get done...I know you all know where I'm coming from.

I know what I need to do; I need to put the two oldest in charge and threaten 30 lashes with a wet noodle to the first one who interrupts me then I just need to work through each task until it is finished and then move on to the next. So, why can't I get up from here and do it?

Okay, start kicking!!!

OK, today's Wed.

Do the minimum tomorrow & FRi. (whatever that is for you) and use the rest of the time for organizing and planning. Finish getting organized on the weekend.

If nothing else, make sure the kids do some reading & have the olders read to youngers.

No kicking needed!:D

My kids mutinied Monday and wanted to just read all day. I let them. I spent the day planning, mulling over threads here that pertained to writing, and wrote up a plan. My head feels clearer and maybe I'm coming out of a fog. I've been feeling the same way as you do. Maybe it's that time of year.

Yeah, I told them when they come in that they have to do math and spend at least an hour reading...I still feel guilty about all the stuff we aren't getting done. :glare: But that's just me. Okay, off to put the baby down for nap and pull out all of the books...woohoo...can you tell I'm excited...not.:tongue_smilie:

Yeah, I told them when they come in that they have to do math and spend at least an hour reading...I still feel guilty about all the stuff we aren't getting done. :glare: But that's just me. Okay, off to put the baby down for nap and pull out all of the books...woohoo...can you tell I'm excited...not.:tongue_smilie:

don't make me drive down there...:auto:

I've never been to Tenn. but it is on my list!

If YOU had hired YOU to be your children's teacher - would you fire yourself?

If your school were the school you paid to put your kids in - would you be happy with the experience or would you be irate at how their education had one since Christmas break?

Would you call the school?

Have the teacher fired?

Call the papers?

Tell your friends about the teacher and what they've gotten done since the year started?

Not throwing stones - I have asked myself these A LOT lately!!! January and February are HARD!

:grouphug: January is always hard for us to get back into the swing of things.... I'm sure the snow in TN doesn't help things... my kids would be wildly excited and wouldn't be able to concentrate. I would be tempted to let them wear out themselves in the snow, and when they come in :D have some hot chocolate for them in the schoolroom with some cozy pillows & blankets on the floor and a stack of books for me to read to bring them back into the mood while they defrost. Then hit the books after that. No need to deprive them of the enjoyment of the snow... just a little creative transitioning is needed:001_smile:.

If YOU had hired YOU to be your children's teacher - would you fire yourself?

If your school were the school you paid to put your kids in - would you be happy with the experience or would you be irate at how their education had one since Christmas break?

Would you call the school?

Have the teacher fired?

Call the papers?

Tell your friends about the teacher and what they've gotten done since the year started?

Not throwing stones - I have asked myself these A LOT lately!!! January and February are HARD!

OUCH! I needed that....though I may cry! :lol:

If YOU had hired YOU to be your children's teacher - would you fire yourself? Yes, yes I would, but I would give myself a nice severance package.

If your school were the school you paid to put your kids in - would you be happy with the experience or would you be irate at how their education had one since Christmas break? I would be miffed that my dc were wasting their time at school and would pull them out.

Would you call the school? Yes, and I would give them an ear-full about how my tax dollars are being wasted on ineffective teaching and inefficient teachers.

Have the teacher fired? Only if she didn't have tenure.

Call the papers? I would but our local paper stinks.

Tell your friends about the teacher and what they've gotten done since the year started?Boy, would I! We could all go picket the front of the school and demand our children be given the education they all deserve.

HEE HEE.:lol: I couldn't resist...you've broken the monotony of the the day though. I actually just came to the computer after getting a couple of weeks of dd8's schedule written. I was feeling sluggish again but your questions did the trick. I'm going back to it and I think I'll have the kids each write a 5 page essay on the evils of laziness and the virtues of perseverance and hard work...oh wait, that's my lesson to learn.:tongue_smilie::auto:

Thanks to everyone else too...I'm feeling inspired now!

Edited by 5LittleMonkeys