Menu

Northeast Homeschool Convention in Valley Forge

I just made my hotel reservations for Thursday and Friday night, at the Radisson!!!

I'm taking my SIL who is just starting her HS journey and I am SO excited!!

I also just made reservations for Embassy Suites down in Williamsburg!! HS days start on Sept. 10th, but we are going down on the 8th to go to Busch Gardens, and then we'll switch over to Great Wolf Lodge....

I'm SO excited!!!

Does this convention offer a used curriculum sale?

I just checked out the website, and didn't see anything about it, but I thought I'd ask, as I love digging through used book sales. :)

Lots of great speakers at this convention, though -- DH hates homeschool conventions and ds isn't overly excited about them, either, but I'll see if I can talk them into going to this one.

Thanks for posting about it!

Cat

Does this convention offer a used curriculum sale?

Thanks for posting about it!

Cat

Not sure about that convention. BUT, depending on where you are, Souderton is not too far from there (maybe an hour) and there is a SEARCH of PA conference that is held at a LARGE church. It has an AWESOME used book sale. Pretty well organized, and prices are pretty darn good too! I am due a few weeks before, so not sure if I want to register for either of these 2 conferences.

Not sure about that convention. BUT, depending on where you are, Souderton is not too far from there (maybe an hour) and there is a SEARCH of PA conference that is held at a LARGE church. It has an AWESOME used book sale. Pretty well organized, and prices are pretty darn good too! I am due a few weeks before, so not sure if I want to register for either of these 2 conferences.

THANKS!!! :001_smile:

Cat

Guest susankemmerer

I am one of the founding members of SEARCH of PA. 2010 was our last convention. There is some talk about continuing a used book sale, but you'll need to check the website to see what develops. In the meantime, I would encourage you to check out the Valley Forge convention. It should be wonderful.

Dh surprised me with this as our anniversary gift! Our anniversary falls on the weekend of the conf. (24th) and so he thought I would like to go! What a guy! I can't wait!

Wow! I need to see if my husband would be interested in going. I do not like to drive.:001_unsure:

I would like to go to this convention, but I haven't made any reservations yet. Need to discuss it w/DH first. I don't think he'll have a problem w/it. :)

Plus, there's a Trader Joe's close to the center which will let me stock up before I return to TJ's-deprived-land.