Menu

best baby wipes

Hey all! I notice there are a lot of money-saving tips, and more natural,more "green" tips being posted lately. So I thought I would share my own little tried and true recipe for the gentilest, as well as most cost effeicient baby wipes! I did this for my ds6 and now again with ny dd16mos. Zero diaper rash!

You need good paper towels. I use the bounty pack that says 6=12 or is it 12=24? Hehe oops. Anyway good towels. You are going too cut the roll in half through the middle using a sharp straight edged knife. (You know have 2 shorter rolls) place a roll into a tupperware canister (like for flour, etc)

18 to 20 oz room temp distilled water

1 Tbs baby oil

1 Tbs head to toe wash

Shake together in separate container. Let bubbles settle. Repeat this a few times pour over halved paper towel in container. Pull out cardboard center and first wipe comes with it. For travel I just use a ziploc bag.

Hope some buttwiping moms find this useful!

Hey all! I notice there are a lot of money-saving tips, and more natural,more "green" tips being posted lately. So I thought I would share my own little tried and true recipe for the gentilest, as well as most cost effeicient baby wipes! I did this for my ds6 and now again with ny dd16mos. Zero diaper rash!

:iagree:

I used homemade baby wipes for six of our seven babies. LOVE them.

An even more cost effective method is to use cloth wipes. The cheapo baby washcloths from walmart work great, or you can make your own. I keep them in the wipes warmer with water and a few drops of baby wash. Works great and I can have enough wipes for birth to potty learning for $5.

Katie

You need good paper towels. I use the bounty pack that says 6=12 or is it 12=24? Hehe oops. Anyway good towels. You are going too cut the roll in half through the middle using a sharp straight edged knife. (You know have 2 shorter rolls) place a roll into a tupperware canister (like for flour, etc)

1 Tbs baby oil

1 Tbs head to toe wash

Shake together in separate container. Let bubbles settle. Repeat this a few times pour over halved paper towel in container. Pull out cardboard center and first wipe comes with it. For travel I just use a ziploc bag.

O M Goodness! I WISH I had though of this earlier! I make A LOT of my own homemade stuff, shampoo, conditioner, soap (well not quite yet), deoderant, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, but never baby wipes. I am almost out of them and I am now going to do this!

Question... what kind of container do you use?

We use cloth wipes here too.

I just cut flannel and terry cloth and some velour fabrics into 6 x 6 inch squares, serged them and use those.

I make my own solution which consists of..

• 3 Cups of Water
  • 3 TB Dr. Bronners Castile Liquid Soap
  • 2 TB Baby Oil
  • 2-3 Drops of TTO
  • 2-3 Drops of Laven. EO

I then store the solution in a sealed tupperware container. However I do dip each wipe into the solution and place them into a reused baby huggies wipes container.

I used cloth wipes in an adult foster care home I worked at. I dunno it always kinda skeeved me out there. Adult messes I guess plus 8 of them. That experience just turned me off I guess from the idea of cloth wipes at home. Great idea tho. I get that its different. Your own home own child. To be clear...I am still very much a caregiver and have no problems with adult...um...."Messes". But an afc is not a good place for cloth wipes. imo

We use cloth wipes here too.

I just cut flannel and terry cloth and some velour fabrics into 6 x 6 inch squares, serged them and use those.

I make my own solution which consists of..

• 3 Cups of Water
  • 3 TB Dr. Bronners Castile Liquid Soap
  • 2 TB Baby Oil
  • 2-3 Drops of TTO
  • 2-3 Drops of Laven. EO

I then store the solution in a sealed tupperware container. However I do dip each wipe into the solution and place them into a reused baby huggies wipes container.

Love the recipes for sposie wipes. Will try that for baby coming.

I also LOVE our cloth wipes. I actually normally use them with just water for tiny ones. Work awesome!

That's what we do. I use Viva paper towels.

me too

1 1/2-2c boiling water (pour 1/2 over mixture & 1/2 over towels)

1 Tbsp baby wash

1 Tbsp baby oil

1 tsp alcohol (keeps from molding, if you don't use them frequently enough)

I just keep mine in a ziplock bag (w/the slide zipper?)

1 Tbs baby oil

1 Tbs head to toe wash

I used wipes like this for my kids - they're great! My recipe was a bit different - I think the main ingredients were castile soap and essential oils.

I used the paper towel ones at home, and when I was on the road I used cloth wipes (because I used cloth dipes, and it was easier to put the wipes in with the dirty dipes than to find a trash can). Just put the cloth wipes in a baggie and add a bit of the same soap solution as for the paper ones.

Never bought a single box of commercial baby wipes. :D

I use cloth wipes made from fleece. Just buy fleece and cut it up into squares. Used With a foaming wipe mix which is made in a foamer bottle and is about 1/3 bottle of our day to day bodywash (natural one with mostly organic ingredients) then topped up with water. You some times have to add a bit more bodywash as it can vary with how thick the brand is as to how dilute it needs to be to foam well.

Dead cheap.

I never thought of putting extra ingredients into my home-made wipes, that is ingenious! I did explore a lot to find the very softest paper towel, and it was Viva. I'd fold a few, wet, and put in a ziplock.

I did use something with soap/detergent on every bm bottom, though. I'd hold a baby over a sink, even in public bathrooms, and get warm water, and wash the area with bm with tiny amount of baby wash, or Cetaphil. This meant my kids never, ever had diaper rash, no matter what. A & D, too, after each washing.

I did cut up a lot of old-timey diapers I had received at baby-showers, to small washcloth squares, and would wet those and carry them in a ziplock, with first baby, but would have to carry an additional ziplock to use for dirty, and that got to be too much. Then I discovered Viva papertowels and that was all I needed.

LBS