Menu

Which American Tall Tales do you prefer?

Medieval Mom

Which American Tall Tales do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which American Tall Tales do you prefer?

• by Mary Pope Osborne
    • by Adrien Stoutenberg
    • Other

We have the one by Mary Pope Osborne as well as some done by Steven Kellogg

:iagree:

I love, love, love the Steven Kellogg retellings. They are gorgeously illustrated. Definitely worth finding through the library or buying. We also have the other two you linked; I prefer the Mary Pope Osborne book.

We have enjoyed all the Steven Kellogg books--very nicely done. Our library had quite a few of them, so see if you can see them for yourself. My boys also enjoyed the tall tales/fairy tales in A Treasury of Children's Literature, ed. by Armand Eisen. The paintings in this book are beautiful. We got ours at in new condition at a thrift store, and I have seen many copies of this floating around on the used market.

Thank you all! Ds *loved* Kellogg's Paul Bunyan so much a while back that we must have read it 100 times! I'm glad to know that he's done other tall tales, as well. Thanks!

I'm looking for a nice book or collection for AO2 next year. AO has Stoutenberg scheduled.

Thanks again for your comments! I'll check to see if our library carries Kellogg's books. :)

Where is the multiple choice?;)

Our family likes those listed in the "Through Golden Window" series, "A Treasury of Children's Literature", "The Family Treasury of Children's Stories" along with individual books on the tales and MPO's book.

Where can I find the "Through Golden Window" series? I haven't heard of that one before, and haven't had luck on google. :bigear:

Sorry about the lack of multiple choice. :)