Menu

13 year old son's new pet - warning snake pic!

I'm just glad your son is 13. I've been trying very hard to convince my DD that the "recommended for ages 12 and up" on the sign for snakes and lizards at the pet store means that she can't have one yet, except for her digital one on Neopets!

Have fun with the new family member-and here's hoping he stays safely contained!

My ds15 has a snake too...Monty Python. He is a Stimson python. Here we can only have native snakes from our own state- no imports- and there are only 2 breeds that are non poisonous, allowed for pets.

He has shed so many times- it is such a wonder to see.

Yes, snakes are escape artists. Ours has grown a fair bit and the books sitting on the lid were suddenly not heavy enough to keep him in recently. Ds was watching a horror movie at 7am the other morning- all alone- and suddenly, right at a scary part, his snake appeared on the TV set and then dropped on the floor in front of it. He was terrified for a split second!ANother time, we were in the garden and dh suddenly saw a snake. It turned out to be Monty- he had escaped- but fortunately was recaptured.

Ds15 wasnt feeding Monty enough recently and when dh put a mouse into his cage, the snake, normally very docile, came out and grabbed it out of his hand.

I love snakes. Enjoy!

Ds15 wasnt feeding Monty enough recently and when dh put a mouse into his cage, the snake, normally very docile, came out and grabbed it out of his hand.

I love snakes. Enjoy!

Smart snake. He knows the difference between a hand and food. I would take that as a good sign!

Love the name.

He is at this moment crawling over 10 yo dd. She's as smitten as his owner (DS 7 is not so sure....). I wonder how many more snakes are in my future. :tongue_smilie: